Nobody's Heroes Beta

Kelandon

Since I'm too lazy for email...

-The sign in front of the inn just says "The." Intentional?

-The nighttime scene at the inn should be, well, night.

-Outdoor encounter: "If the monster plague had been stopped it just"

-When the party talks to "The Exiles" they should be set to face them. I'm thinking of the inn scene in particular here.

And welcome back, of course. That makes two Blades comedies that I've enjoyed.

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
I'll test, but only on the condition that the title is actually a Rush quote.

The original tag line, before "Fortune and glory!! Or something." was "I knew he was different in his sexuality."
Originally Posted By: Lazarus.
-The nighttime scene at the inn should be, well, night.

What's the simplest way to accomplish this?

Quote:
What's the simplest way to accomplish this?

See this SV thread fora listing of the ticks at which the phases of the day occur. Then you can use set_ticks_forward() to jump the scenario to night time. This is how Twilight Valley keeps it perpetually twilight and how Wilderness does perpetual night.

Originally Posted By: Niemand
This is how Twilight Valley keeps it perpetually twilight.

TV keeps the lighting perpetually twilight? If so, that's news to me, and a bug - I made a day/night cycle that made different characters appear and disappear, but I don't recall ever making it always dark.

Lazy, spoilers, Windows user, blah, blah, several things:

First, I could walk through the cliff corners and get here.

Second, I would really like to see some of the flowers Nikki used in TV scattered around the perilous path. Not at all neccessary, but it would add to the atmosphere.

Third, there were some issues with text bubbles not disappearing. The random text bubbles carry over between towns and don't disappear when they do so. (For instance, Valley Girl ended up whining about goblins in Pleasant Town.) Also, the final thing a party member said in a cutscene usually didn't disappear after the cutscene ended.

Other than that, Dikiyoba thought it was excellent.

One of the quests gets its description cut short as well. #3 has 215 characters in its description, but only 200 characters are allowed in a quest description. It only removes the joke, though.

Nothing else to report that hasn't already been mentioned. Had plenty of fun with this one. I especially enjoyed the third party member's dialogue, though that may be due to me entering the scenario with an all-male party.

I should have told people I'd be looking for typos with astring; a whole lot quicker that way. I'll be sending over my report later tonight (hopefully). Finished too late last night to send it over then.

The thing that would require the most time fixing is the frightening state of apathy and lack of concern for a fellow neighbour in the towns. When you attack a citizen, not only will the other people in the town not leap to defend their compatriot, they'll actually assist you in the massacre.

Click to reveal..
I even wiped out everything in the Perilous Path, depraved monster that I am. Got a level up out of it too (perks of having everyone Completely Inept and Brittle Bones/Sickness Prone)! They still kept on making noises, so I must have missed one somewhere. ;-)

(I was also able to steal whatever I wanted, so melee characters end up pretty strong by the end of the scenario.)

Not distracting at all, Narayan is a place, not a person. Just an odd coincidence, is all.

Click to reveal..
Basically, Myst III features this angsty dude named Saavedro. He's a little put out because these two brothers trashed his home Age (pocket dimension) named Narayan. So he concocts this convoluted revenge plan against their father, Atrus. Of course, the execution doesn't go as planned, and you're the one who gets trapped in his vengeance. Saavy doesn't realize you're not A-boy until the very end, which is odd because he talks to you through a window near the beginning of the game (maybe he's nearsighted?).

Normally, you'd be happy to help your good friend Atrus, but for the previous two games you've had to deal with the fallout of his bad parenting and bad childhood, respectively. The pompous jerk should solve his own problems for once, y'know?

(Despite what I've said here and elsewhere, it is a good game.)

Narayan is also a fairly common Indian name. The Age is probably taken from the name, and you can always say that you're being multicultural in your naming by using it in a scenario.

—Alorael, who is himself reminded of Narayan Singh from the later Black Company books.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Script typo. You can start over after redownloading and it should be fixed.

Lazarus, the designer makes a special request: "The current scenario is released, so it can be hosted at databases, but I don't want it rated on CSR. If you (or whoever) would, please make the usual topic on CSR, state in it that the designer has requested that Nobody's Heroes not be rated, and lock the topic."