Help! I think I broke my game!

nossage

Oh my god help! ok I'll explain as best i can.

I'm in the keep of tinyara and I'm following a walkthrough. I haven't ended the golems because it was WAY too hard.

I got captured and sent out my fave cleric (mildred) and set everyone free. Then I realised that I didn't have the Thought Crystal! So I went and got it and came back. Then I got captured again and now i'm stuck in the cell!! The special won't activate so I can send one person through and free the rest like I did before.

Have I broken my game? Is there ANYTHING I can do to fix it?

HELP!

Emma.

Leaving town via the character editor occasionally has unfortunate side effects. Sadly, it seems that you've run into one of them. Pity, really; you could have just done without the Thought Crystal. I do wish I could bring you better news.

It might be possible to salvage the situation using, uh, nefarious means which we're not really supposed to talk about on these forums.

Quote:
Originally written by Thralni, chicken god prophet:
I'm sorri I can't really help you, but I don't think you should worry to much about a broken game. If I were you i would rely on others more, but the only thing I can suggest is to reload an old save file, if you have one.
What made you post when you had nothing to say?

Quote:
Originally written by Notye but Neyse:
Quote:
I'm sorri I can't really help you, but I don't think you should worry to much about a broken game. If I were you i would rely on others more, but the only thing I can suggest is to reload an old save file, if you have one.
What made you post when you had nothing to say?
Read the post again: I did give an advice. Ijusr meant that i don't know what's happening because I only have the demo version. I know, I said it in a strange way.

Quote:
To summarize: Don't worry about your game; reload a save file.

Yes, that's just so totally full of helpful advice on how to fix the problem.

And no, not everybody knows what the problem might be. Some people just try to at least say something helpful, instead of saying to other people their advice is worth nothing but giving no advice themselves! And by the way, I did give more advice, but according to you, that's probably also worthless advice. People would be more enclined to agree with you if you first try to help to solve the problem and then saying to other people the advice thay gave was worthless, don't you think?

To summarize: Stop nagging and at least try to help instead of nagging other people's advice was worthless!!

Quote:
Originally written by Kingy:
Notye but Neyse - Quit pissing and moaning and try saying something useful yourself instead of criticizing other people.
At the time when I had made my very first post in this thread, I had assumed nossage had already been helped. So I wouldn't have to say something useful myself and I would also be able to nitpick about pointless things.

One pointless thing to nitpick about would be posting when you have no clue as to what should be done.

Before Thralni said he hadn't registered, I was willing to believe he had just been trying to be helpful but had not examined his post well. However, now that I know Thralni hasn't registered, I really don't believe there can be any valid reason to talk about things you have no experience with.

I wouldn't call myself an expert at cooking, and that's why I don't tell people how to cook. And if Thralni had no idea how to cook or didn't offer useful advice on how too cook, I would tell him to not offer advise regardless of the thoughtfulness and caring it showed.

Its not really about the fact if you have registered or not, just what to do about "a broken game," and the only solution i can give for something like that, is try to reload a save-file, and see what happens when you DON'T the same thing as you have done first. Also, without registering, one CAN understand what's going on. maybe don't have a good picture of it, but certainly understanding what'g oing on: walktrough's. I got very curious what happened and read the end of some walkthrough.

You didn't know he wasn't done asking yet? Why, he asked a question just in the post before your post!

The cooking thing you said is really irrelevant. First if all, i don't say I'm an expert, and second, I thought I really could help. I just try to be helpful, even when i can't really give good advice, I at least try to give good advice, instead of just sayting others' advice isn't usefull. How do i know if you know what we are talking about? Maybe you don't know what's going on? Are you actually registered? I could think of a whole lot of things to ask now.

Just one other small thing: People, even without knowing what's really going on, still can give advice by just using their brains.

Its not really about the fact if you have registered or not, just what to do about "a broken game," and the only solution i can give for something like that, is try to reload a save-file, and see what happens when you DON'T the same thing as you have done first. Also, without registering, one CAN understand what's going on. maybe don't have a good picture of it, but certainly understanding what'g oing on: walktrough's. I got very curious what happened and read the end of some walkthrough.

First of all, you wouldn't know what you were talking about even by reading a whole walkthrough. If you haven't played that part of the game, your ideas and opinions don't mean much.

I'm assuming nossage, who has enough skill to play a game to the end, can also reload that game. And that didn't solve the problem. You, hopefully, do think so highly of nossage as well.

Lastly, if you knew what the problem was and you were operating under the assumption that nossage was/is capable of loading a save file, you wouldn't have given the answer you gave.

You didn't know he wasn't done asking yet? Why, he asked a question just in the post before your post!

I just rechecked, and guess what: I jumped the gun. I thought fourteen hours had passed; only two had. Sadly, that doesn't change much.

The cooking thing you said is really irrelevant. First if all, i don't say I'm an expert, and second, I thought I really could help. I just try to be helpful, even when i can't really give good advice, I at least try to give good advice, instead of just sayting others' advice isn't usefull. How do i know if you know what we are talking about? Maybe you don't know what's going on? Are you actually registered? I could think of a whole lot of things to ask now.

I haven't tried to give advice on the actual topic, so whether I know what I'm talking about is irrelevant. But just in case it comes up later (I hope it doesn't), I own E3, A3, and various other Spiderweb games.

I wouldn't take your advice on something you weren't good at. I also don't think you should give advice on things you don't have experience with. However, you think people can still give advice without skill. Therefore, it's a matter of debate and not logical conclusion.

Just one other small thing: People, even without knowing what's really going on, still can give advice by just using their brains.

^

Quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

<spam type="text/pointless">

I do believe Thralni has pwnz0rr3d you.

</spam>

I don't do it for the pwn. I do it for the chicks. laugh