Avernum 5, July Update

Spidweb

You should notice that he is very old.

He would have died long ago if it weren't for magick.

Does anyone know his age in Avernum 5?

Edit -I would just like to comment on how the Avernum 4 forum could turn into the Second Avernum Trilogy forum. That way it could include 4, 5, and 6.

Quote:
Originally written by No more muffins:
Edit -I would just like to comment on how the Avernum 4 forum could turn into the Second Avernum Trilogy forum. That way it could include 4, 5, and 6.
New games usually get their own forum at the start. Nethergate: Resurrection being an exception. Since the removal of the bottom two forums there is room for Avernum 5 while a decision about where Avernum 4 should go.

N:R saving is nice, except that I've already had to start over once due to my computer bugging out and corrupting the save O_o

(I think that happened because I tried saving mid-bugging-out....*sigh*)

I like saving that is quick and easy like in NwN.

A "backup-save" button or something like it would be nice.

Maybe the "save first"-option upon quitting makes an auto-backup?

Anyway, the slot system was tedious, but not fatal.

EDIT: I'm also voting all-for the Insectivore weapon.

And I'm going on a limb here, but how about a "grenade" type crystal that functions like a bug-lamp?

Attracts all bugs that see it, leaving you free to either kill them or go about your business.

Just a thought...

Blessed missiles. Those would be awesome. I personallly don't understand all the hate for teh avernum 4 graphics. They look better and are much cooler. On the subject of cheeseballs, that would be a good fod item. Get some crackers, and(shakes himself form daydream) Anywho, i would like to see teh beast call ability back (could'nt seem to find it in AV4, though i might just be bad at lookign) and it would be cool to create a monster if your choosing once a day instead of a wof once a day. Like, say a drakon.....(yes, i'm a GF junkie laugh . don't hate). Anywho, all support to you jeff and when you need beta i'm SO there fo you laugh .

Don't get mad at me, Lifecrafter, but reading this I remembered SkeleTony who, trying to decode a post like yours once wrote the following (which I saved because I still enjoy it, though Ephesos thought it a bit too strong):

Quote:
I hope you do not have some issue with your computer someday and attempt to get help with such laziness...

Party of the Gods: "HAPL!!!11 My wandils or locking upped!! I can't no wot 2 doing!"

Tech support: "Uh...are you asking about 'WINDOWS'?

Party of the Gods: "YESS!!11 My wondals are stukked in my minotaur nd I can't not shoot down my PC!!"

Tech Support:"Uh...okay, these are the LINUX boards first of all and secondly..."minotaur"?!"

Party of the Gods:"Ok...how do i use Linx to fix my windals?!? ~PLXZ!! Stuck in screen adn turning my minotor on and off won't fixor my PC!!!"

Tech Support:"LINUX, not "linx", is an operating system sir. You use WINDOWS operating system. Therefore I suggest you take this over to the Windows Tech Support forums..."

Party of the Gods: "Okay...how do I got there? I live in IL. PLX HALP!!!"

Quote:
Originally written by ef:
Don't get mad at me, Lifecrafter, but reading this I remembered SkeleTony who, trying to decode a post like yours once wrote the following (which I saved because I still enjoy it, though Ephesos thought it a bit too strong):
Quote:
I hope you do not have some issue with your computer someday and attempt to get help with such laziness...

Party of the Gods: "HAPL!!!11 My wandils or locking upped!! I can't no wot 2 doing!"

Tech support: "Uh...are you asking about 'WINDOWS'?

Party of the Gods: "YESS!!11 My wondals are stukked in my minotaur nd I can't not shoot down my PC!!"

Tech Support:"Uh...okay, these are the LINUX boards first of all and secondly..."minotaur"?!"

Party of the Gods:"Ok...how do i use Linx to fix my windals?!? ~PLXZ!! Stuck in screen adn turning my minotor on and off won't fixor my PC!!!"

Tech Support:"LINUX, not "linx", is an operating system sir. You use WINDOWS operating system. Therefore I suggest you take this over to the Windows Tech Support forums..."

Party of the Gods: "Okay...how do I got there? I live in IL. PLX HALP!!!"
**Laughs so hard he explodes into hobnail snail bits**