[bug] cast mage while armored

minor bug / exploit: the old keyboard shortcut "c" brings up a "cast spell" dialog from which any mage or priest spell that you have access to may be cast, regardless of encumbrances. one can "c"ast at time where one cannot otherwise use "m"age spells (or click on the button).

didn't see this mentioned anywhere - did i miss it ?

Quote:
Originally written by fractalnavel:
minor bug / exploit: the old keyboard shortcut "c" brings up a "cast spell" dialog from which any mage or priest spell that you have access to may be cast, regardless of encumbrances. one can "c"ast at time where one cannot otherwise use "m"age spells (or click on the button).

didn't see this mentioned anywhere - did i miss it ?
Hey, that's pretty cool! Tested where possible in save games I currently have. None of my party is too armored to be encumbered, but it's really great to have a "hot key" to cast!

I doubt this is a bug or exploit. Maybe an easter egg of sorts. (hot key wise)

I wonder if this will help with situations where you are frozen. As in BrTarolg's thread...

Quote:
Originally written by Micro Phage:
I wonder if this will help with situations where you are frozen.
It can't, since you can still only cast a spell on your turn, and you don't get turns while frozen.

Nice catch on the bug, fractalnavel. Send an email to Spiderweb Software about it.

There was a time when you could have any character cast during another character's turn. Those were fun beta days.

—Alorael, who really never had that much trouble with freezing. Fleeing was a far more frequent and lethal threat. You only get one round to cast Unshackle Mind before the character is too far away and probably getting eaten by a grue to boot.