getting into the spiral fortress [spoiler thread]

hey quick question -- how do i get into the spiral fortress? i cleared out the bandit hideout underneath fort saffron. now i have the quest to go to erika's tower ruins. i can't seem to get into the spiral fortress (as the portcullis is down). i can't seem to find an alternat route in. can someone help me? thanks.

-andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I must not be as bright as the previous poster. I have been through every area that I can find west of Fort Remote. I have chased off Rentar and have gone back to the Castle and been given the mission to hunt down Rentar, but I still cannot get anywhere.

At this point the only remaining quests are:

Hunt down Rentar

Darkside Loyalists

Metal for Dawdy (bug)

Go to the Castle (been there done that, still there)

More Chitrachs (bug)

Abyss Report

Liberate the Spire

Essentially all of the remaining missions require you to be able to get into Spire Fort and the Abyss, but I simply cannot do it. I am missing something, but not sure what.

Thanks

Okay, so if you've removed Rentar from her fortress west of Fort Remote, then you should've been told by Starrus to speak with Rone about getting to the Spire Fortress.

Rone should tell you to speak with Vidrain in Fort Avernum, who will calibrate the portal to launch you over thataway.

• 9 years later...

Neither FAQ tells you where you have to go to fine Rone. I looked everywhere around Fort Saffron, everything between Fort Saffron and the Spire Fortress Gate, and in the Castle, nothing. I have the quest from Starrus. Did you say Fort Avernum? No Vahnatai there, either, and I did speak to the one at the Castle, too.

So what am I doing wrong?

Where is Rone? Nowhere on these forums or the walkthroughs does it tell me where he is.

Never played A4, but the Annotated Maps (found in the A4 Strategy Central) indicate Rone is in The Castle near the pylon.

Given that Rone is pretty much always found in The Castle in the games in which he appears, that seems like a pretty plausible place to look. If he's truly nowhere to be found in the Castle, I might start wondering if you've encountered a bug.