Creation Armour

eris

Can I arm a creation in G4?

Can I put something simple on it, like chitin armour?

I'm guessing no, but at the demo stage/beginning of the game, it has occurred to me that if I could just put something on my thahd it might not die right away all the time despite using up all of my essence.

So my vote for G5 would either be the ability to armour creations, a creation with special armour built in (that is easy to offend and thus lose, but that appears early in the game), or some kind of artifact that a creation can wear.

Just my two cents. What do y'all think about this?

Coming from the Exile series, I'm finding it hard to adjust to not equipping anything on the rest of my party.

Is this the whole point of creations, that they are the way they are and we're stuck with that?

Also, how on earth do they gain experience? I have tried using either one of my creations (or used Greenfang) exclusively to kill things and they doesn't seem to ever gain more than one of two points. What exactly causes them to gain experience and how do I achieve this?

(This creation armour question has probably been brought up in the G5 wishlist thread, or somewhere similar; but frankly I don't feel like going through all those pages looking for it to reply to it and have no one else find it and answer my reply...)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Quote:
Also, how on earth do they gain experience? I have tried using either one of my creations (or used Greenfang) exclusively to kill things and they doesn't seem to ever gain more than one of two points. What exactly causes them to gain experience and how do I achieve this?
Creations gain experience, but when you have more than one it appears to go up slowly since you are fighting things in the first area west of Southforge that don't give much. Overall you get more experience for the total group with several creations that a few.

Originally by eris:

Quote:
Basically, the PC gets the bulk of the experience points and each creation only gets a few, regardless of who made the kill. So your creations will level much slower than the PC.

Quote:
Is this the whole point of creations, that they are the way they are and we're stuck with that?
Creations do get a stat boost when they level, and they also get a few skill points that you can use to improve them when they level too. (Unfortunately, improving them ties up more essence.) That's all you can do to make them more powerful, though.

Dikiyoba.

Well, it is not nearly as simple as that. It would require some serious game-balancing changes if that were to take effect. Creations would have to cost a lot more, but then again, it would be difficult because all of the hostile creations would be much more dangerous too. Basically, it would involve a mini-rewrite of all the stats of everything, or else those feeble worms would kill you in the first area. It is not very practical to just boost the power of everything; it would severely damage gameplay. Sadly, as I would like it too, I doubt it will happen.

You see, the idea is to just start off with creations ASAP so that you can keep them and make them strong until you can make a new, better creature. You may find that creations are actually more fierce than you think--if you keep them around for a while. That's all it takes. You just need to think about it.

I think that you should be able to create custom creations. We have enchanting gems for anvils and such, how about gems that we can shape creations through. Enchant a battle alpha with cold or enchant a kyshakk with speed. We see unique creations throughout the game, why can't we make them.

Heh, you can write just about anything in C/C++. Its more of an issue of what code has been done and what would have to be added/changed to make it work, and really that will just depend on the way it has all been implemented currently. It could be a simple matter of adding a new string value to each of the creatures, or it could mean ad hoc code describing each new creature in full.