spending skill points on spells.

hey all. so happy to have discovered spiderweb software! big fan of role playing games and happy to find some macbook friendly ones (i don't care much for graphics, but gameplay is important!!!)

i can't quite figure the rules with spending skill points on spells. in particular i've found the open locked doors spell, but am having a little trouble figuring how i can get my healer and generally useful person to upgrade craft. i want to do that before visiting the three sisters since i don't really want to have to redo the dungeon later... seems to depend on another spell skill... ( i've made sure druid exceeds all else) but... which do i need to invest in in order to get the option to upgrade craft? know i found it somewhere... but having trouble locating that info again. any help much appreciated, thanks!

There's a hierarchy. No spell circle can be higher than Druidism. Craft cannot be higher than Healing, Beast cannot be higher than Battle. Spirit Circle cannot be higher than the lowest of all your other circles.

—Alorael, who hopes that will make your spell available to you. He also hopes he's not misremembering the circle dependencies.

Originally Posted By: Triptych of Ominous Hazarding
Spirit Circle cannot be higher than the lowest of all your other circles.

Its only the lower of beast and craft circles. When making a party if you raise int up then raise druidism up then int down you can raise healing and war as much as you want if the are above the druidism cap.

That was true in Nethergate, but in N:R you can't lower Druidism to below Health or War Circle. I suppose it might be possible to boost Craft or Beast over the Health/War limit and then train Spirit, but I can't recall anywhere that gives either of the circles for free as a Celt.

—Alorael, whose point was that for the most part Health limits Craft, War limits Beast, and Craft and Beast limit Spirit. Transitively, barring non-training skill changes, all other circles limit Spirit.