Sylak's Wisdom Rock

One of the walkthroughs seems to suggest that Sylak's wisdom rock gives bonus skill points once per day. If that were true, then it would be an extremely powerful item--but it doesn't seem to do anything at all (except give you pretty thots in your brane). It's a little worrying, actually. Anybody?

Unless I'm misremembering something, you want Druidism as long as it's cheaper. I can't remember now, but you should check to make sure Intelligence does, in fact, add to your spells' bonus instead of just giving you more energy to work with.

—Alorael, who finds he can't remember when Intelligence went from essential to just helpful. It was definitely like that in A4, but was it in BoA/NG:R?

I think by NG: R, intelligence was no longer increasing anything but spell energy. In the original game it increased druidism, tool use, and a few other skills so the derived bonus made increasing it very worthwhile.

Increasing druidism helps with all spell effects so increase it as long as it is cheap and you have all the circle levels for spells that you can cast.

• 11 months later...