Gobos Dead!

We had just got to Reptrakos throneroom when some thug killed off Gobo. So I went back to the lizard room without him and no matter how many times I use piercing sight I can't find the passage that Gobo was supposed to point out...To complicate matters, I inadvertantly saved the game after Gobo was killed. So tell me, do I have to start over or is there a way to go back beyond the latest saved game? (Bear in mind I'm no computor whiz!)

You may have some difficulty since this is handled by changing terrain and not just a sdf (stuff done flag).

From the Shared Data folder of the Nethergate Files you need to alter the file:

t12Pit of Rep.txt

what you would have to do is copy the line:

set_terrain(18,39,0);

into the beginning of the file after the line:

// This state called whenever this town is entered.

so when you leave and reenter the zone it should open up the wall to get to the lizard room.

You will need to leave the Lair of Reptrakos, save the game, exit the game, edit that line into the file, and then restart the game.

Randomizer, just returned from implementing your changes, and they did the trick re opening the passageway. But no tablet for Reptrakos.

To recap, the passage that was opened was off the n/e corner of a room that has two rectangular patterns of white bumps, down some white stairs to a smaller room w/3 statues, down more stairs to the north, turn west, kill the lizard, down the stairs to a still smaller room, west through a secret passage to a corpse on the floor...nothing to be found.

Regardless, that was the first time I've changed data and enjoyed the challenge. Do you think I might have screwed it up some way? Thanks for the help.

This is the code section for getting the tablet:

beginstate 38;

if (get_flag(67,11) == 250)

end();

set_flag(67,11,250);

message_dialog("You find the remains of a thief. He must have been a thief. His withered fingers are still clutching a stone tablet, engraved with drawings of great drakes of ages past. You remove it from his bony fingers. This should make Reptrakos happy.","");

change_spec_item(35,1);

The change_spec is giving you the stone tablet. I don't know why you didn't get the tablet if you find the thief. You might check your special item inventory to see if you did get it.

Enjoy. There's nothing more frustrating than starting over because a small problem.