• Announcements

• Attribute to Valor

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Attribute to Valor

Avernum 5 - Strategy Central

81 posts in this topic

Is there a tread that lists all the Stone Pylons in the game?

Originally Posted By: Akovon the Dragon Lord
Is there a tread that lists all the Stone Pylons in the game?

1st: Blackchasm Outpost
2nd: New Harston
3rd: Gladwell's Keep
4th: Shanker's Tower
5th: Harkin's Landing
6th: Exodus
7th: Solberg's Tower
8th: Anama Lands
9th: Highground
10th: Muck
11th: Vahnatai Lands
12th: Melanchion's Keep
13th: Loyalist's Land

I know. I was wondering if there was a link to a past topic on the Stratagy Central.

There is a link to this topic now.

—Alorael, who found most of the locations fairly predictable. Still, if there's a demand, there's a use for it in the thread.

Originally Posted By: Empty

—Alorael, who found most of the locations fairly predictable. Still, if there's a demand, there's a use for it in the thread.

yeah there is but i doubt those locations help much since it is hard to miss pylons except at vahnatai and loylalist land and anama if doesn't search whole area.

Originally Posted By: Lifecrafterandnoobeditor
but it might be helpful if you dont know WHERE to search tongue

True but many are very hard to miss unless is half-blind.

Originally Posted By: Earth2025
Originally Posted By: Lifecrafterandnoobeditor
but it might be helpful if you dont know WHERE to search tongue

True but many are very hard to miss unless is half-blind.

Not nessesarly. Its possibly that someone might not notice the pylons.

Originally Posted By: Report High Crimes and Misdemeanors

Yes, but clicking on it brings me to the forum list.

Really? Odd. It works fine for me.

—Alorael, who wants to know if anyone else doesn't get the right post from the link.

Same here and when I tried to fix it, I couldn't get the changes submitted.

I still don't get the problem with Safari or Firefox, and I can submit edits without any problems.

—Alorael, who will go ahead and make a new thread containing the contents of the post, link to that, and call it a day.

Well, the topic is stickied, so I don't think you need to do that much. tongue

Similar to the Nethergate header, when I click the Strategy Central on the header, it takes me the the foum list.

The Last Archon

Hi synergy since you are online so read this.

If there is no recent edit in your item list then you must edit it because i beleive that tiacoura 1st test final round also work for cold.Remember i said "also"

I'm curious now - I just looked at the maps and... I thought if you went east from Harston, across the river, you'd end up somewhere between Fort Monastery and Grindstone. Unless the caves are kinda spiraling downwards as you go around so by the time you end up in the Azure Gallery you're a fair way below NE Avernum itself?

Yeah, they are. The Northern Frontier is "deeper" then the rest of Avernum.

Right, right, that makes sense now! Kinda difficult to represent 3D in a 2D medium but I can kinda see how that would work.

I sold the Jinx Blade fairly early in A4. The in-game description didn't really say it had a percentage of cursing the enemy. I only found out through the forums AFTER i beat the game. Are there any other swords/poles I need to be aware of similar to this one in A5? I'd hate to sell something that actually would have been useful for me..

Thanks

Well, there's the chaotic halberd with the same effect, I'm assuming that the poisoned/acidic weapons you were able to identify (they're green man), there's the fire sword that does a bonus fire attack (or maybe it replaces the physical attack, anyways its red), and if you feel like me you'll add the icy touch descriptor to the cryo-spear.

Anyway I think this should be on it's own thread, maybe one of the mods can move it?

Are you referring to the Synergy list? If so, it's one of the links on Strategy Central, which directs you to http://www.spiderwebforums.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=98652#Post98652

If you search for "Jinx Blade" you'll find everything with that attribute. Though generally, most weapons with a special title in the description (Jinx Blade, Poison Blade, etc.) have some special ability associated with their attack. Well, except Heartstriker, which just does more damage.

thanks so much guys. and yes Erasmus, i picked up on the other ones: fire, ice, and poison/acidic ones. =)

if you decide to use flame sword then remember that against some enemies its useless so keep another sword on that char's inventory.

Harehunter's Haven has a new home

www.harehunter.info

The direct link for the Avernum 5 maps is

www.harehunter.info/Avernum5/Maps/MainMap51.html