Lake of Trials Bug

Wyndynights

Ok, so I'm there, spoke with the eye beast, and did kill off those annoying speres..now ready to do the tests. I started off with the north one...went down, saw the two door switches. Hit the first one, went in and killed the spectral warriors...came to a dead end. Went back, hit the switch behind the pillar....heard the grinding noise...but nothing. No outlet, no door opened...ran around down there for awhile, hoping the secret passage I can see on the map at the end of the big room opens...it doesn't. So, now what? How do I get to the goblin to lead him back to the ogre statue? Is this a bug?

Ok, I know you are trying to be helpful and I do appreciate it. But you are not reading my note. I did hit those other switches, found myself in front of the two spectral warriors, beat them, THEN went back and hit the switch behind the pillars...but nothing else opened up.

Been hitting switches, moving around..nothing more is opening up. Not sure why.

There are several operable switches down there. You found the set that lead to the spectral warriors. It seems that you missed one that opens a secret door along the east end of the main room.

Having all 4 tests around the lake gives you one extra treasure, but you can come back later to finish it and it doesn't seem to affect the game. You can still do the center of the lake and try this test later.

As always, if you have a situation that you believe to be a fault in the game code, you should, in an email to Jeff,

1)Describe what you see, vs what expect to see.

2)Attach a compressed save file showing this error.

Good luck, and hope that it works out for you. As noted, it is not game important to finish this sub-subquest.

Pretty sure this isn't a bug. The path to the spectral warriors is the wrong way. It's just there to distract you.

There are two switches you need to hit, one by the stairs and the other behind the statue. The secret doors they open are south of the path to the two warriors.

- Jeff Vogel

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first thought would be to try reinstalling the game in case something got corrupted. (Your saved games are stored separately from the game itself, so they should be safe.)

If that doesn't work, since it doesn't seem like other people have experienced your particular crash, your best option might be to email Spiderweb Software directly at support@spiderwebsoftware.com with a report of the circumstances under which it happened. They might have better advice for you than us.