Recipes

Wands:

Fiery Wand - Stick, Gemstone, Perfect Fyora Scale.

Discipline Wand - Stick, Gemstone, Artila Eye, Saltweed.

Wand of Terror - Stick, Gemstone, Vlish Tentacle, Madness Gem.

Null Wand - Stick, Gemstone, Roamer Fang, Wiry Moss.

Jeweled Wand - Stick, Gemstone, Perfect Drayk Scale, Spray Crystal.

Wand of Death- Stick, Gemstone, Eyebeast Eye, Mandrake.

Wand of the Inferno - Stick, Gemstone, Drakon Scale, Demon Bile.

Crystals:

Icy Crystal - Gemstone, Beautiful Crystal.

Spray Crystal - Gemstone, Wiry Moss.

Ensnaring Crystal - Gemstone, Vlish Tentacle.

Swarm Crystal - Gemstone, Mandrake Tincture.

Madness Gem - Gemstone, Beautiful Crystal, Eyebeast Eye.

Rods:

Rod of Alacrity - Stick, Speed Spores, Rotghroth Fang.

Rod of Succor - Stick, Healing Spores, Glaahk Eye.

Rod of Defenses - Stick, Shielding Spores, Glaahk Eye.

Rod of Battle - Stick, Battle Pod, Perfect Drakon Scale.

Mixed Magic Items:

Charm of Mental Focus - Demon Bile, Madness Gem, Rotghroth Fang, Glaahk Eye.

Golden Crystal - Gemstone, Mandrake Tincture, Perfect Drakon Scale, Perfect Fyora Scale.

Shielding Band - Gold Ring, Perfect Fyora Scale.

Armor Band - Platinum Ring, Perfect Drayk Scale.

Impervious Band - Platinum Ring, Perfect Drakon Scale.

Blessed Necklace - Silver Necklace, Artila Eye.

Talisman of Might - Gold Necklace, Purifying Elixir, Rotghroth Fang.

Artifact Components (These items are used to make the eight powerful artifacts.):

Purifying Elixir - Mandrake Tincture, Demon Bile.

Perfected Ring - Purifying Elixir, Platinum Ring.

Perfected Shield - Purifying Elixir, Shaped Shield.

Perfected Plate - Purifying Elixir, Shaped Breastplate.

Perfected Belt - Purifying Elixir, Shaped Belt.

The Eight Artifacts:

Ring of the Infiltrator - Perfected Ring, Pure Crystal Shard, Purified Essence.

All-Protector - Perfected Shield, Solidified Flame, Unmelting Ice.

Emerald Chestguard - Perfected Plate, Demon Claws, Deep Crystal.

Creator’s Belt - Perfected Belt, Deep Focus Orb, Blood Poison.

Avenger’s Ring - Perfected Ring, Demon Claws, Ur-Drakon Skin.

Essence Aegis - Perfected Shield, Purified Essence, Crystalline Fibers.

Crystalline Shroud - Perfected Plate, Deep Focus Orb, Crystalline Fibers.

Lightning Girdle - Perfected Belt, Deep Focus Orb, Ur-Drakon Skin.

Yup! Take one weapon or piece of armor, place on forge, add a stone to forge, combine, remove from forge, and equip it. Easy as that.

Handy list. I think I'm gonna go forge myself an All-Protector right now, now that I know that I don't need the guy who told me the recipe (whose name escapes me) to do it. wink Now if only I could find some demon claws to craft that Emerald Chestguard, my favorite item from GF2. Why do I have the sinking feeling I'll only be able to get that last component from the Isle of Spears (or, alternatively, the freakin' difficult Monastery of Tears) (hey, that rhymed!)?

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
In G2 the EC was far and away the best item, but in G3 I have found something I like slightly better. So right now I'm actually wishing I had saved my components and held off forging the EC.
I would guess that it depends what type of character you are playing. As a shaper I only needed to be strong enough to withstand any area effect spells because my creations were doing the real grunt work. So, the creator's belt and a five-stone bracelet (admittedly not forged, but taking up the glove slot) were the main game. Quick action, parry etc. - What's the point? An all-protector - maybe as a swap item.

The Crystalline Shroud also adds 2 AP, it gives a couple of stat boosts, and it's lighter (which is important since with my Quicksilver Sandals on I'm a girlie Agent). It gives much less armor protection and stun resistance, but I rush through every area in combat mode hasted to 18 AP, so nothing gets a chance to attack me. With a Guardian I'd go with the EC instead; and with a Shaper I agree that neither item makes that much difference (but I'd take the CS, for high speed in dashing through hot rooms and in disarming traps).

If I had not made the EC which is currently sitting in my heap of goodies, I'd still have the one demon claw I have found so far, and I'd have been able to make the Avenger's Ring -- whose function I don't yet know.

_18_ AP! Wow! Here I thought 16 was the practical limit based on what I've found so far (8 normal, 12 hasted, +1 Quicksilver Bulwark, +1 Quicksilver Sandals, +2 Crystalline Shroud/Emerald Chestguard).

If I ever find those Demon Claws (and I bet they're in the lower level of the Monastery of Tears), I'll go forge more artifacts just for fun and fill everyone in on the stats.

Ok, I haven't had too many problems with my item creation -- as long as I can find the ingredients.

Can someone out there tell me how to make/where to find the Deep Focus Orb and the Deep Crystal?

I've looked everyone but the lower level of the Island of Tears (going there now) but I haven't found either of those. confused

Thanks for any help,

-Mok

Half an AP doesn't show up, but it does seem to exist. The 'quantum of action', the cost of moving one hex, actually seems to be 1/2 an AP. If you have 9AP base and haste, it shows 13 AP, but you can always take one step and stay at 13. Whereas if you have 8 AP and haste to 12, you do the same tiny movement and immediately drop to 11.

Charm of Mental Focus - Demon Bile, Madness Gem, Rotghroth Fang, Glaahk Eye.

*SEMI SPOILER? ITEM LOCATIONS*

Did anyone else experience difficulty in crafting this item? I have all four componants (Demon's Bile in the lil pitcher, a random madness gem, the rotghroth fang found at the southern gate on spear isle, and a random glaahk eye) Put all four items on an anvil, and it refuses to combine. I tried both (individually) an artilla eye and an eyebeast eye instead of the glaahk eye, and still nothing... So, what am I doing wrong?

Sounds like the CMF recipe is wrong. Does the game ever tell you the recipe? Rotghroth fang sounds strange for mental focus, after all. They have speed and brawn, but are not noted for brains. Eyebeast eye does seem more logical.

Anyway, it's worth trying to make extra Charms of Mental Focus. The more the merrier, I say.

• 1 year later...
Quote:
Originally written by Le Martyre de la Terreur:
This isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but don't bother wasting the valuable ingredients. There's one in the Benerii-Eo labs near Tigh Eye (NW) that you can get for, um, free.
Re: Charm of Mental Focus
You sure about that? I can't find it in the NW area.
Is it still not possible to make one of these with the ingreadiants listed?

People don't like it when you add a reply to a very old topic, like this one. It makes a long topic suddenly appear among the new ones, and that makes people think it's something incredibly hot, to have picked up so many posts overnight. They eagerly read until they realize they've already read it long before, and this wastes their time and gets them all excited about nothing.

So you're supposed to start a new thread. If you really want to refer to the older one, you're supposed to link to it.

As to your question, I really can't remember any answer myself, but I can say that the late, great Terror's Martyr hated Geneforge, and was probably not above giving a bogus hint out of mere malice.