Xian Living tool

eztaren

I've been out of the GF loop for a while and there are some things I'm still clueless about.

What is the Xian Living tool?

In a previous post it's location is said to be:

"under a concealed doorway under Gramplin's bedroom rug. "

Can I get a full location on this? Like what area are you referring to?

Thanks!

-Ez

I've not seen the post where the tool is mentioned, but you've been had. No Xian tool exists in Geneforge 2. It's a reference to the Xian skull topic.

That said, as soon as you start playing a character, you will need to make a fyora by the second map, and keep it alive till you reach Inner Gazak-Uss. Inside, you'll find a friendly Drakon who will trade you a piece of metal for the fyora. The piece of metal is a fan blade, which when you attach it to the lab equipment in Gramplin's lab, will blow away his rug revealing the tool.

You all missed a point. The Fyora's name has to be a special password. Several people will give it to you. Jeff is one. But the cheapest way is to send me $25.99, along with and I'll email you the password.

I accept cheques, and credit card transactions. But cash is the best.

Quote:
Originally written by FZ:
You all missed a point. The Fyora's name has to be a special password. Several people will give it to you. Jeff is one. But the cheapest way is to send me $25.99, along with and I'll email you the password.

I accept cheques, and credit card transactions. But cash is the best.
lol

:rolleyes:

You know that mysterious secret tunnel in the third area that leads directly to the Shaper capital? In the western wall, there's a secret door that leads to a portal that leads to the emergency water supply in Fort Emergence from Exile III. Is there anything I can do here, and how do I get back?

Quote:
you can activate the portal using the Xian portable batterry
Oh dear I knew I was missing something. Any one know how to get this item? + Is there any special trick to killing the Gargoyl once I get the battery? Ever since I got Barzahl to join my party I've been trying to find something thats really hard to beat and this sounds like it.

You can get the Xian portable battery from Trajkoff, but only if you first remembered (every time you enter an area, within ten moves of entering it) to create a fyora, absorb it, create a Thahd, absorb it, *then* create an ornk and keep it alive until you reach the end of the area, then absorb it. If you entered a single map without doing this, you have lost the chance and have to start a new game.

Once you have the Xian battery, you need to recharge it with a special ability canister. There is only one canister that can recharge the battery, it's the one in the first map, that gives you Firebolt. I hope you didn't use it, because you have to reload otherwise.

To recharge the battery from the canister, plug it into the Xian cable that you can find in the cellar of Learned Pinner's house. In the cellar, you will need to evade the Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Serviles (GIFTS for short), because they will make your life miserable and may take the battery from you. In the southeast corner of the cellar, there's the cable, but it's plugged into an alarm that alerts the entire Awakened village. So once you take the cable, prepare to run as soon as you go up, because the Awakened are going to come after you.

Quickly return to the canister, plug the cable into the battery, smash the canister with the other end of the cable and hold the plug inside the essence until it's all evaporated. Take care not to touch the battery while that's happening though, because it'd give you an electric shock.

Congrats, you have now gotten a fully charged Xian battery, which you can use to activate the portal and escape to Fort Emergence! Way to go! smile

IM CONFUSED... Is this all real? or are you guys just BSing? What is the full process of finding these easter eggs of confusioness? AHHHH BRAIN DAMAGE!!!! Please help... I played Geneforge 2, and never found a easter egg. I also had a fyora named squirrel which I kept from the beggining and got to inner gaz-uk (i think i cheated though) Whats the secret name you're supposed to use? If you all tell me, and it doesn't work, There will be much DOOMAGE of doom. So please, end my confusion and tell me, WTF?

Quote:
There is only one canister that can recharge the battery, it's the one in the first map, that gives you Firebolt. I hope you didn't use it, because you have to reload otherwise.
Dang it- The problem for me is getting to the first level of GF1 where the canister is. Is Erika able to teleport you there or something?

I don't think so; just start out in Geneforge without using the canister, then get to Exile 3 and you can go back by retracing your steps (I'm assuming you know the way to convince Anaximander to open the side exit to Fort Emergence; it's unpleasant and degrading, I know, but as far as I know it's the only way back).

That's a lot of work, of course; does anyone know if there's a trick to get from Geneforge straight to Exile 3 without going through Geneforge 2 and the Exile series? I tried to use the broken ship, but even after I repaired it, it sank and I was eaten by piranhas.

You need to talk to the Septagenurian Eskimo locked in one of the chests in the Power Core. If you have a Leadership of 0, he will give you the Xian Servant Mind. Then, you kill him by having seven of your Pyroroamers attack him and explode on him, and get the broken goggles he drops.

Pretend to fix them and give them to Trajkov, saying they are fixed. He will try to go swimming in the Geneforge, and then quickly throw the Xian Servant Mind in, causing the Geneforge to congeal into a credit card.

Use it to lever up all the ovens in Kazg. One of them will be a secret passage leading to the cellar full of undead in RoR-BoA. From there, take the train underneath the prison back to New Formello in E3.

Hrumph

I don't think that it is just a leadership of zero needed- I have that and he sent me on a mission for whaleskin tights- wherever you get those. I just hope that I don't have to wear them....

Are there any other unusual stats that you have that might let you skip this mission? I just don't even want to see him with that whaleskin on- Silly Eskimo.

The whaleskin tights might be a red herring -- I haven't found a pair anywhere. I've done some testing, though, and it seems as if any whale-related item will satisfy his first quest. Dallerdin probably already had Ellhrah's whalebone corset. If you didn't join the Takers and complete the mission to steal it, you could try buying some ambergris instead. I forget where it's sold, though.