• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic
Niemand Niemand

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 3,580
  • 2,138 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:11 PM #71 BoA BUGS v6.0

I believe that that is the case. And then there's Dread Curse, which is just a special case.
Possibly you suppose that [he] is a harmless fellow, who with vacant mind recites some empty formula,
traces a wandering sign in the air, and with palsied hand shakes a wand the while he gibbers his insanity at the yawning moon.

Enraged Slith Enraged Slith

Revenge of the Slith

• Member ID: 27
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:42 PM #72 BoA BUGS v6.0

From what I've gathered, confused/charmed party members are treated as "friendly" to enemies by the call char_attitude_to_char().

Revenge of the Slith

• 2,634 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:03 AM #73 BoA BUGS v6.0

EDIT: NOPE

Revenge of the Slith

• 2,634 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:51 AM #74 BoA BUGS v6.0

Characters killed with the call kill_char() give exp to the party, regardless of their attitude.  This makes using kill_char() incredibly arduous to use during cut scenes.

Niemand Niemand

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 3,580
  • 2,138 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:42 AM #75 BoA BUGS v6.0

Quote:
From what I've gathered, confused/charmed party members are treated as "friendly" to enemies by the call char_attitude_to_char()
Yes, this seems to be the case in my experience; these statuses effectively change a creature's attitude.

Quote:
What this means is that anything written after do_attack() is ignored. This makes it difficult to do things like check whether or not a party member was hit by an attack.
This is not true, as far as I know. The way (I think) it works is this: The game decides that it is creature X's turn. So, creature X's script will be run repeatedly, each time resuming from the state in which it ended (either by reaching the end of that state or by jumping to it via set_state()). This continues as long as the creature has AP, and do_attack() is just one way that the creature's AP can be decreased and cause the loop to end.
Possibly you suppose that [he] is a harmless fellow, who with vacant mind recites some empty formula,
traces a wandering sign in the air, and with palsied hand shakes a wand the while he gibbers his insanity at the yawning moon.

Revenge of the Slith

• 2,634 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:51 AM #76 BoA BUGS v6.0

Originally Posted By: Niemand
Quote:
From what I've gathered, confused/charmed party members are treated as "friendly" to enemies by the call char_attitude_to_char()
Yes, this seems to be the case in my experience; these statuses effectively change a creature's attitude.

Quote:
What this means is that anything written after do_attack() is ignored. This makes it difficult to do things like check whether or not a party member was hit by an attack.
This is not true, as far as I know. The way (I think) it works is this: The game decides that it is creature X's turn. So, creature X's script will be run repeatedly, each time resuming from the state in which it ended (either by reaching the end of that state or by jumping to it via set_state()). This continues as long as the creature has AP, and do_attack() is just one way that the creature's AP can be decreased and cause the loop to end.  
I wish I still had the example to show you, but I changed the script to compensate.  Essentially it was set up something like this:

Code:
beginstate 3;
	if(target_ok() == FALSE)
		set_state(START_STATE);

target = get_target();
	variable = get_health(target);

do_attack();

if(variable > get_health(target)){
		do stuff (i.e poison the target)
		}
break;
Maybe I screwed something up like having the ">" in the wrong direction, but it otherwise ran when I put the code before the do_attack();.  I'm going to be pissed if that was the case, because I had to make a pretty big workaround.

I'll have to check again.

EDIT: I just tested this with a new script, and it seems that I was wrong, except about the part where I must have put the ">" in the wrong direction.  Poop.

Metatron Metatron

Mercenary

• Member ID: 6,886
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:36 PM #77 BoA BUGS v6.0

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
Characters killed with the call kill_char() give exp to the party, regardless of their attitude.  This makes using kill_char() incredibly arduous to use during cut scenes.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, and you're just reporting this bug. But if you needed to kill someone during a cutscene, the workaround would be to use erase_char(char_number), I believe.

Revenge of the Slith

• 2,634 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:05 PM #78 BoA BUGS v6.0

Originally Posted By: Metatron
Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, and you're just reporting this bug. But if you needed to kill someone during a cutscene, the workaround would be to use erase_char(char_number), I believe.
erase_char() doesn't perform the same functions as kill_char().  It could, but it would require a lot of extra work.

EDIT: char_take_item(my_number(),insert item here); isn't #@%&ing working in creature scripts!  It keeps giving me a "peculiar error: undefined function."

Here's the piece of the offensive code, that works fine except for the char_take_item() bit.  Maybe, I'm doing something wrong?
Code:
	if(my_ap() > 0){ //heal
		if(char_has_item(my_number(),228) == TRUE){
			if(get_health(ME) < get_max_health(ME)){
				heal_char(ME,75);
				play_sound(56);
				clear_buffer();
				append_char_name(ME);
				append_string(" quaffs a healing elixir!");
				get_buffer_text(potion);
				print_str_color(potion,2);
				put_sparkles_on_char(ME,3,5);
				run_animation_sound(166);
				char_take_item(my_number(),228);
				deduct_ap(3);
				}
			}
		}

Old MikeS Old MikeS

Zenmaster

• Member ID: 3,405
  • 52 posts
  • LocationHmmm, interesting...

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:16 AM #79 BoA BUGS v6.0

I seem to remember that 'char_take_item' had problems also.  I have used 'destroy_char_item' to remove items from characters in a character script in the past.  Since it is slot based, you'll need to do something like the following to get the slot the item is in (untested):
Code:
slt = 0; // or 13 if skipping equipped items
itm = 0;
while ((slt < 40) && (itm != 228)) {
	itm = item_type_in_slot(my_number(), slt);
	if (itm != 228) { slt = slt + 1; }
}
if (slt < 40) { destroy_char_item(my_number(), slt); }
I don't recall if the destroy_char_item will remove 1 of stacked items or all, so this might not be the best way if you have multiple items you're using one of.

Revenge of the Slith

• 2,634 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:58 AM #80 BoA BUGS v6.0

Beautiful workaround Mike, thank you so much.  We should probably add that to the tips and tricks section in case the problem ever crops up again.

I just discovered a funny little bug where if your combat turn ends while trying to give a party member an item when they're too far away, the item is still held in your cursor when starting someone else's turn.  You can then place the item in their inventory.

Revenge of the Slith

• 2,634 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:08 PM #81 BoA BUGS v6.0

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Blessing and Shielding are switched in the documentation.

Celtic Minstrel Celtic Minstrel

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,296
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:16 AM #82 BoA BUGS v6.0

Exactly what do you mean by that?
Exile 2 Book of Items (I didn't create it, I just converted it to HTML.)

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

Revenge of the Slith

• 2,634 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:41 PM #83 BoA BUGS v6.0

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
Exactly what do you mean by that?

This is how these two statuses appear in the documentation:
1 - Bless/Curse. If positive, character is blessed. If negative, cursed.
2 - Shield/Weaken. If positive, character is shielded. If negative, weakened.

In my experience, Bless/Curse is actually "2" and Shield/Weaken is "1".

BainIhrno BainIhrno

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 3,311
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:13 PM #84 BoA BUGS v6.0

Possible bug: I found that when making stores that sell skills, they apparently are bugged after a certain shop number. I had shops 32 and 33 sell skills in Mage and Priest spells, and when I went to those shops, the skills were free, whereas shop 2 charged money for the skills.

Maybe you already know this, but I couldn't find the answer to this problem until I figured it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users