Question about place_monster call

Kennedy

For clarity: by "spawned," you mean "placed," right? (another call, spawn_creature, activates a creature with a specified character number at a specified spawning point).

There's always char_on_spot: you could call that after the place call and identify the placed creature. Seems unduly clunky, though -- my kind of coding! -- so better wait for responses from beta-testers or those who actually know what they're doing.

> For clarity: by "spawned," you mean "placed," right? (another call, spawn_creature, activates a

creature with a specified character number at a specified spawning point).

Yes, I meant placed. The reason I am asking is because I want to make a special ability that will create a specified monster whenever the player uses it, but I don't want it to be hostile to the party. I suppose the char_on_spot function could be used, but it would be nicer if the place_monster call would just return the character number of the monster it places.

There are many things I wanted to do, but I couldn't, becaused the engine was built a certain way and it would have taken a bit of work. This is number one on the list. :-(

There are ways around this.

1. Make the creature with spawn_creature.

2. Make the creature type you are making with place_monster have a default script made by you, and make that default script do what you want it to do.