A3 Trainer Released!

Yet another trainer, created by Yours Truly.

Note that the game does not properly recognize character stat modifications. For this reason, they have been removed from this trainer. Instead, take advantage of the 'Unlimited Skill Points' hack, so you can train your characters to their full potential. Enjoy!

(P.S. - Roll your mouse over the title!)

a3preview.jpg

Download it here! [3/9/05]

Also check out my Geneforge 2 Trainer !

I don't own, or intend to own, a Mac, so I honestly can't give you an answer to that question. The best thing to do is download it and see if it works.

My best guess would be no. I'm unfamiliar with Mac programming, but I'm 99% certain it will not recognize the functions in my trainers. Sorry. If I could make one for you I would.

- Xix -

Quote:
Originally written by Notus:
Hi xixao,
Mac users want your excellent utilities.
Which OS you use?

I would like to help you to port your utilities to Mac. Please mail me. My address is
notosaurai AT yahoo DOT co DOT jp
That would be great. I have a GF2 trainer, too, that desperately needs conversion. If you're familiar with this process, I could really use you. Expect an e-mail later today.

Quote:
Originally written by xixao:
Quote:
Hi xixao,
Mac users want your excellent utilities.
Which OS you use?

I would like to help you to port your utilities to Mac. Please mail me. My address is
notosaurai AT yahoo DOT co DOT jp
That would be great. I have a GF2 trainer, too, that desperately needs conversion. If you're familiar with this process, I could really use you. Expect an e-mail later today.
yah * dies with happiness *

Quote:
Originally written by hawk king:
Quote:
Quote:
magoicochea wrote:
I'd like to develop some utilities in Delphi and the problem is that they are going to be Windows only.
I'll help you when you'll port your utility to Mac.

Code your idea on your favorite development environment that you know well. Programming (includes scripting) is difficult work because we should always make decisions on matters we don't know well. If we know everything, no beta test is needed.

Therefore, no need to increase unknown factors using a development environment you don't know well. Porting will be easier after you fix your idea on your first release.
could you do that with the avernum 3 trainer and the Geneforge 2 trainer by xixao
yay * dies with happiness again *

EDIT AGAIN: what about this when will this be out ???

prev1.jpg

Quote:
Originally written by Flaming_valkrye:
sum guy told me to ask about the gf3 trainer here... How do i use it iv done everything needed but it just stays the same!please help me before i go crazy with curiosity! confused
that some guy would be me and you'll have to wait till xixao answers because i only use mac so i don't know but it might be a glitch try re downloading it other than that i do not know sorry frown

Quote:
Originally written by Holy Toenail4.333333....:
I just have one question Xixao-

Why are you asking for money inside the trainer? I mean, no one's forcing you to make them. I'm just kind of wondering...
he asks for money i wonder if anyone has given any i mean there nothing wrong about asking if he where to say you have to give me money to use my stuff now that'd be different

Quote:
Originally written by Frozen feet:
I don't understand the point of making a A3 trainer. The game, afterall, has its own editor, which can do pretty much those same things.
a3preview.jpg
take a good look at that image and you'll see (1) unlimited exp. (2) unlimited gold (3) god mode (4) unlimited skill points and (5) you daunt have to leave the game to use it

Quote:
Originally written by Flaming_valkrye:
sum guy told me to ask about the gf3 trainer here... How do i use it iv done everything needed but it just stays the same!please help me before i go crazy with curiosity! confused
Since GF3 hasn't been released yet, you probably mean GF2 or Avernum 3. Or are you a cheating beta tester...?

—Alorael, who otherwise has nothing to add. Yes, this post probably could have been more useful.

Wow. Lots of questions. Lol. Let's see...

Hawk King:

"what about this when will this be out ???"

- The trainer you see in that pic was an incomplete version I started working on for BoA. Unfortunately, not long after posting the screenshot, my hard drive failed and I lost all the work I had done on it. I'll begin a new one this weekend, and hope to have it available to you by mid-next week.

"that some guy would be me and you'll have to wait till xixao answers because i only use mac so i don't know but it might be a glitch try re downloading it other than that i do not know sorry"

- Now that we have found someone familiar with Mac conversion, you will have your trainers soon, provided he has the time to devote to the project.

The One Who Would Be Toenail:

"Why are you asking for money inside the trainer? I mean, no one's forcing you to make them. I'm just kind of wondering..."

- The exact comment is:

'If you like my trainers, please consider making a donation. These hacks take a long time to construct, and I am generous enough to offer them for free.'

You'll find pretty much the same message on any free item you receive. I don't require any money. My programs always were and always will be FREE. Countless people have been generous enough with their time to teach me what I know, and it's only fair that I return the favor by offering my programs for free to others. Some of my teachers I have given money to, others I haven't. My donations were given as a token of appreciation for their hard work. If anyone feels the need to donate out of appreciation, this message is for them. For everyone else, enjoy this FREE program smile

Guilt by Transitive Property:

"Since GF3 hasn't been released yet, you probably mean GF2 or Avernum 3. Or are you a cheating beta tester...?"

- No. Not a beta tester, and no GF3 trainer in the works yet. I think he must have been referring to the GF2 trainer, which I released in the Geneforge 2 section of the forums. When GF3 is released, you can be sure I'll be all over it, putting together another trainer like the ones you find here.

I think that's everything. If I missed anyone, sorry. I'll continue to monitor this thread in case anyone needs anything else answered.

Take care and happy gaming,

- Xix -

Quote:
- Now that we have found someone familiar with Mac conversion, you will have your trainers soon, provided he has the time to devote to the project.
umm what exactly would that include ???

Quote:
provided he has the time to devote to the project
if you look down you will see i have all the time in the world I'm not sure if i'd be much help though all i know came from my dad he a graphics designer for Cleveland metroparks so i know a bit i would of course be happy to help

?id=317985

sorry i changed my email on my hawk king account and i couldn't get back in had to make a new one whaaaaaa frown and i was almost a journeyman i feel very sad

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
if you look down you will see i have all the time in the world I'm not sure if i'd be much help though all i know came from my dad he a graphics designer for Cleveland metroparks so i know a bit i would of course be happy to help

?id=317985

now I'm the one who said all of this

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I'm not sure what it would include. I was hoping you could tell me that. I don't know anything about Mac programming, so any details on the program's conversion would have to be given to me.

You said you learned everything from your dad. Is that just graphics design? It will take some programming knowledge, I'm sure, to construct a Mac version of the trainers.

Does anyone know if programs exist to automate the process?

Quote:
Originally written by xixao:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I'm not sure what it would include. I was hoping you could tell me that. I don't know anything about Mac programming, so any details on the program's conversion would have to be given to me.

You said you learned everything from your dad. Is that just graphics design? It will take some programming knowledge, I'm sure, to construct a Mac version of the trainers.

Does anyone know if programs exist to automate the process?
no not graphics design i have absulutly no interest in graphics design i am learning at a very slow slow slow progress how to program but as i said before i'd be happy to help send me an email at ( h a w k k i n g at myway dot com ) ( spaces used to thwart spanners at used in replacement of @ dot in replacement of . )

Quote:
Hey Hawk King,

Xixao here. Thanks again for agreeing to help. What do you need from me in order
to make this work? I'm excited about expanding my reach to Mac users. This'll be
great!

Steve "Xixao" Melcher
i am currently thinking about that maybe ill ask Notus in fact ill ask him now Notus what would we need ????
i am currently experimenting with things like this in fact iv just had an idea give me the codes you used and ill do an experiment laugh

Hi xixao,

You seem not to have Mac, I'll make a Mac app. for you.

I found your application is so-called MemoryEditor. I have no experience making a memory editor on Mac, but I think I can make it using BSD debug call, ptrace() (Mac equivalent of read- writeProcessMemory()).

Anyway, you need not to open your valuable information on the location of parameters to port your app. to Mac. These parameter locations should be different on Mac, though relative position of each parameter may be preserved. Because of this difference, we should start to search memory location for the parameters. It'll be a factor to prolong the porting process.

What I need is your permission to make a Mac port using your graphics and dialog layout. I want to make the port outlook as similar as to the original.

When I succeed to make a port, I'll send the app. and source code to you. If you'll want to distribute it, upload it on your web. I'll take care for bug fix and future update that you'll make to the original. But I'll never open publicly it by myself, either the application nor source code.

[EDIT]

How many users do use classic Mac, Mac OS9?

Currently I have an development environment for Mac OSX only. I know SpineRaker is making a BoA scenario on a classic Mac. So I'm considering to get a compiler for classic Mac to port the 3D BoA editor to classic Mac. If a number of users also need xixao's app on classic Mac, I'll try to get a compiler more seriously.

Quote:
You have my permission to use whatever you need. Leave me your e-mail address, or e-mail me at steve(at)xixao3d(dot)com. I'll send the graphics files to you.
Thanks, My address is
notosaurai(AT)yahoo(DOT)co(DOT)jp

As TSearch is a Win application, it never works on Mac OS.
In principle, Win application never run on Mac OS, and vice versa.
Emulation (and Java) is another thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, soz for quad posting, or penta-posting i guess, now anyway, or is it called something else? *Hits self over head with a crowbar* uhh..... i dunno, anyway, if someone will host it please notify me, or if possible host the geneforge 2 one as well, sorry to pest tho, oh yeah *takes out a giant 1 gauge 9999 inc. long shotgun whom bullets are 9998 inc. long and blasts thirty holes the my attemted-murderers head* then immediately blasts him with a nighthawk pistol and a magnum 40. cal revolver just to double-check :p

Bad grammar, i know, but who cares :p

I hate to spam, but I just can't let this go (I guess it's the redneck in me):

<spam type="text/pointless"><textwall>

Quote:
Ah, but i said calibre, and calibre means how powerul it is
Shotguns aren't measured in calibers. They are measured in gauges (the only exception to this is the .410, which describes the bore size). The smaller the gauge, the larger the bore size. Moreover, caliber doesn't necessarily mean how strong it is. Caliber is just bullet width, measured in inches. Therefore, a .22 caliber bullet has a bullet size (minus the case, powder, etc...) of .22 inches. Caliber doesn't show how long a bullet is, how big its case is, or how much powder it has behind it. For example, a .223 bullet is .223 inches wide, and a .22 bullet is .22 inches wide. Not much width difference, huh? Well the .223 bullet is longer, and has more powder behing it, giving it more power.

The .223:

2__223_caliber_bullets.jpg

The .22:

istockphoto_22_Bullet__2__52534.jpg

Plus, not all standard bullets are measured by caliber. Some are measured in millimeters, width by height. For example, the 9mm bullet is actually 9 x 19mm, and once again, that doesn't state how much powder it has. Also, there are variations on ammunition. For example, 9mm can refer to 9 x 19mm Luger or Parabellum, or it could refer to 9 x 18mm. Just like 7.62 can refer to 7.62 x 39mm, or 7.62 x 56mm.

With several bullets, higher numbers mean a stronger bullet, but not always. A 7mm Mauser is a stronger shell than any standard 9mm, and a .270 is comparable in strength (if not stronger) to the .357 magnum.

Quote:
U dont gotta a head no more!
I murdered you long before you pulled out your tiny shotgun.

</textwall></spam>