Simulacrum is far too powerful.

Is it just me or is Simulacrum a flat out game-breaking spell? I mean, all you have to do to win ANY fight in the game with little to no effort is to sit back with your mage and summon Dark Wyrms, Power Crystals, or whatever other godlike creatures you happen to soul capture. Dark Wyrms are just crazy...they have HUNDREDS of hp, brutal multi-hitting melee attacks, and an insanely damaging ranged attack. Why make it possible to capture such ridiculously strong creatures? I'm only on day 50, yet I can completely descimate entire cities with my party of three and my incredible simulacrum summons, not to mention how easily I can win any other battles I come across. I feel that this spell needs some tweaking.

In Avernum 3 the Dark Wyrms I summoned just stood around (wriggled around?) without doing anything. Demons were much more helpful. From a summoning standpoint, using the character editor to give my player rods of arcana worked much better. But the game loses its interest pretty quickly with that kind of supernatural help.

I've got Empire Dervish, Power Crystal, Haakai, and of course, Dark Wyrm as my simulacrum summons. I did not cheat to get any of them, unless you consider reloading a few times while fighting them cheating, which I'm sure some people might. Dark Wyrms are godly. Try them some time. You can get them early on in the giant cave, if I recall correctly.