(A3) Under Tinraya- Editor Got Me In Trouble?

Okay, so at one point I made it under the Keep before I had beaten the golems. After being locked in the bare cell for 2 days, the popup message happened, the wall slid away and I sent one of my characters through the portal. After having them go along a bit, I remembered that I needed to beat the golems first, so I used the editor to reunite my party & take them out of town. Now I'm all done with the golems, and I'm under the Keep again. Same deal with the cell, except now I CANNOT walk through the portal. Whenever I try to, nothing happens. The popup menu to send a character in doesn't appear, just nothing. Am I totally screwed here? Do I have start all over again? I didn't backup my savefile. Any help you could give would be much appreciated...

You may very well be in some trouble. Two things:

1) You don't have to beat the golems before going through the Keep of Tinraya.

2) Always back up your save file before mucking with it in the editor. There's a reason it tells you to do that.

That said, let me see if I can find a solution to this. I'll edit this message in a little bit.

EDIT: If there is a way, I sure can't find it. It looks like the portal is handled by an SDF, which means you can't enter it more than once. I don't think there's much you can do from the point that you're at. Do you have an earlier save file at all?

It would appear that this person had the same problem (I can't be sure, the writing is poor, but I think it's what they were trying to say...)

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=001366#000003

Yes, I should have backed it up, but in all my years of playing (starting back when Exile 2 came out! Oh it's been fun) I've never had a problem with the editor, so I just stopped doing it. Bad, bad Nicole.

At any rate, thanks for looking.

(I'm in Santa Rosa, so we're almost neighbors. In fact, I was in Berkeley yesterday...)