Effects of time in Avernum

This game looks wonderful and I would love to explore this game top to bottom. My question is while I'm searching every nook and cranny, killing every monster I come across... are events taking place that I should be around to attend or witness? Or are NPCs going to react/disappear after x amount of days or whatever?

Thanks for any help smile

Things do start to fall apart in A3 if you lag behind. The longer you wait, the more demolished Valorim gets. This never makes the game unwinnable, but it can make quests impossible to complete.

The other Avernums are less affected by time. I know there's a certain place that can only be entered on the first day of a month in one game, and there are holidays with various effects, but nothing major.

—Alorael, who prefers the A1/A2 irrelevance of time to the need for speed in A3. He hates being rushed even if it isn't much of a rush after all.

As Alorael said, A1 and A2 are almost completely unaffected by time, to the best of my knowledge. Aside from the instances that Alorael cited (special effects on particular days and one minor thing), time has pretty much no effect.

EDIT: And for that matter, none of the major or even semi-major quests have much happen to them because of time in A3. The quests that change are very minor.