A strange topic, for the neat freaks

Has it ever bothered any other person that you are unable to put anything into drawers, dressers, and the like? In Nethergate this was a possibility, and one I used alot, at least when I played as Romans.

All my treasure hordes would look much nicer if I could just stick them in something, instead the Demonslayer is forced to lay on the floor like common house trash! There might be a way to put items inside of boxes and what not, but I have yet to see it.

If there truly is no way, then why was it removed from Avernum? If anyone knows that is.

The idea was to make dropping a one click process. Click the drop button, and the widget is placed in the space its erstwhile bearer occupies. I guess Jeff didn't see much call for specific item placement.

—Alorael, who agrees that Nethergate has nicer dropping option. In BoA, that could be even more of an issue. Now it's not possible to place the ritual items on the altar. Leaving them on the mat before the altar just isn't the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by were244:
Has it ever bothered any other person that you are unable to put anything into drawers, dressers, and the like?
Uh hu. This has also bothered me as well. I actually found it kind of fun to stuff all the items in drawers, cause it kept the room presentable. (exile 3)

I sadly have to agree with you, im a neat freak when it comes to games. Now if only i can feel the same way about my room...

I also like being able to put stuff away in drawers and stuff. In BoE, (like a lot of games) you collect huge amounts of stuff. And you need a place to dump it. Sometimes, you are given a place in the beginnning of the game to store your stuff. But in one or two scenarios, you can actually buy houses, and store stuff in there. Though you really can't DO anything in your house, it still feels good.

Quote:
Originally written by Gunshy:
You sad lot! laugh
Tidying virtual rooms, indeed. I find it hard enough to remember where I've left stuff, when it's right out there on the floor. If I had to search every time, the game would take four times as long!
Hey! I get involved in my games more than real life! Lol. Sad indeed. frownsmile At least more than my house.
Anywayz, if you're the expert adventurer, you're gonna need to be organized! Otherwise, you won't be able to find anything! laugh

Fair enough wink

That gives me a question:

do you make notes, as you go through, of where things/people are, locations of stuff/quests, etc. that you'll be coming back to, warnings, e.g. stay out of Erox, until you're really fit?

I don't and must admit I've wasted a fair bit of game time scouring around. Perhaps I should print out the maps. laugh

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. I do this too. And I thought I was the only one... wink

Actually, you can "put" stuff in boxes or barrels. Simply push the container aside, then drop the stuff where the container used to be. When you reenter the town/dungeon, the container will be back in position, over the stuf. Do a Look on the container, and your stuff will appear in a Get window just like it were inside the container. Not elaborate, but it works.

I do this because I choose to claim the Bandit Fort as one of my stash stores, and it adds a sense of realism to try and hide my things from scavengers.

-

The pen-and-paper approach is always necessary for quality RPGs or adventure games. Besides, the Journal is inadequate (although still useful) to record the information that characters really involved in a RPG-world would need to know.