I couldnt beat them...

Well, I'm not sure how you can get back to them, I dont deal with the character editor much. But to defeat the four crystal souls, you need a thought crystal, which you can get from the bunker in New Formello. First, you need access to the bunker, which you can get by talking to Sandra in either Sharimik, or Lorelli. She'll tell you to talk to Commander Johnson in Fort Emergence, who will tell you the password for the bunker. Then, to get the people in the bunker to make the thought crystal for you, you need to have evidence that the vahnahtai created the plagues on the surface.

What portal? The one in the cell block? You should'nt need to go through that one again, just re-enter the Keep of Tinraya, and make your way back to the crystal soul hall the way you did when you first went there. And, actually, you dont even really need to fight them. If you've got the right key when you where in there the first time, you aught to be able to bypass that room altogether.

In fact, it's better not to fight them. There's a secret passage in the northern wall of the room. Try to keep your party out of range of the Crystal Souls' spells and send them through the secret door in combat mode, hasted, one at a time.

—Alorael, who found using the Wait command very helpful for this.