Damn Rentar!! (Avernum 3)

After days of playing this great game...

I cannot activate the main panel in the Keep of Rentar. I crushed her minions, and before that i

redirect the beams in the lower level (the four places). Perhaps i pushed some button twice...

In that case, how can i reset the beams or how could i know if the beans are properly redirected.

And where is Erika when i need her??

Thanks to anyone who could help me to finish the

game!

If you got Erika's amulet and she doesn't appear when you enter Rentar's great hall, then you made a mistake with the buttons in the basement. If you don't have a saved game that takes you back to the point where you start with the basement buttons, you can reset the buttons from Rentar's control panel by pressing the top left button. You will have to endure being teleported away from the control panel about five times before you can reach it. After you do that, I suggest saving the game and labelling it "Rentar's buttons" so you don't have to deal with all the teleporting if you make a mistake again.

• 3 months later...
Quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:
Umm ... that's a bad idea. You won't be able to get to the control panel until all of the beams are in working order. You just need to go back down to the four basement areas and check to see that all beams are pointing to the middle.
How? I can't see the middle! I thought I'd gotten it right finally and sure enough, there was a new message in Rentar's Hall that said she "nervous" about the pit or something but Erika still doesn't show and when I get near the panel I get teleported out.

I've gone outside to reset the panels to start over from scratch but that doesn't work, does it? Oh boy...

Do you have the amulets, and did you remember to have Erika activate them for you? If not, you'll have to suffer through a few more teleportation episodes before you can reach the platform, assault far too many vahnatai and their summoned underlings, and finally fiddle with the control panel.

—Alorael, who can no longer remember for certain if Rentar-Ihrno continues to teleport your party indefinitely as long as the beams are not properly aligned or if she only gets five teleportations total. He suspects the former, but he's not sure. So if you can eventually reach the platform, chances are good that everything is arranged for the grand finale.

if it says rentar is nervous etc, youve done it right.

from there on, youll just have to try to get to the control panel.

your amulet is definately activated if erika has helped you before. like when you go down into vahnatai lands, she will blow away some walls for you.

even if its not activated, it doesnt really matter.

just let yourself get teleported away a couple of times and dont get killed.