Can you move from one town to another in a boat?

Thaluikhain

I vaguely remember something about when the party was in a boat, they couldn't change towns (use a staircase, say).  I'm not sure if this was the case, or if it had been fixed.

I guess, if you couldn't do that, you could leave the town, go to a small outside section, and then go back into another town, rather than move from one to the other directly.

It should be possible in OBoE, but is untested. In legacy BoE, boats would only trigger specials while outdoors, so you probably wouldn't've even gotten the "can't use staircase" type message. In OBoE, they always trigger specials (unless you block them with a Boat Block, as I recall), and I think I extended stairway nodes to work in more situations.

There was definitely something about special nodes being triggered in boats only in town or only outdoors. I don't know if it applied to all specials, or only to placed specials. Maybe you were using terrain specials, as I did for my unfinished scenario that didn't use an outdoors and linked towns together with edge nodes?

(To clarify, by "terrain specials" here, I mean terrains with the "call special when stepped on" ability.)