A EFTP Spire Arena Champions

Playing on torment. Getting completely wrecked. Been going back to it every couple of levels. Not sure what level people usually beat the champions at...

The 4 human champions have so much hp and and are still 1 or 2 shotting my squishier mage and priests at level 26. Have tried level 3 ward of elements and steel, neither worked (if i go elements, the melee kills me and if i go steel, the magic kills me; my tank can survive even without steel, but the knockback usually means the other melee will get 1 of the squishies). The farthest I got was spamming reloads until charm worked on the assassin because I figured it would have the lowest mental resistance. It would buy me 5/6 turns, but I can't even kill one of them in that time. I would also spam daze/icy rain hoping to disable them long enough so I can kill one. The problem is that disables usually miss and when they do hit, they only last 1 round or are cured by the priest/battle discipline.  These guys seem so much harder than everything else I've fought against, including main storyline quests.

I can probably beat them after 30, but I was wondering if there was a good strategy to do it before then? I feel like I am missing something important.

This is one of the hardest fights in what should be an easy area. I forgot most of what I did to win this one, but I do remember getting rid of the priest so he can't keep healing them is very important. There's nothing like seeing all your hard work damaging them almost to dead go away in a single action.

Keeping your party mostly away from them except fighters in key. You might waste consumable potions to protect squishy characters.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your remaining sanity at the door. The little you have left from trying this fight. :)

• 2 years later...