A:EftP -- Finished

My late husband was a HUGE fan of Spiderweb games (I’m pretty sure he owned most of them). He played them over and over, changing his party, their skills, etc. My only brush with any of these games was way back in the beginning and I played partway through the first game and quit, and went back to reading my books. :D A month ago I was going through the files on his computer and found A:EftP and decided to give it a try. I was hooked. I'll admit it helped that he was an avid note taker, and kept screen captures of the harder areas, but soon I was just off and exploring on my own.

I've now finished the entire game, all 3 endings and most, if not all, of the minor quests. I had a blast. B) I also found Avernum 2: Crystal Souls, on his computer, so I'm going to play that next. I can't find all his spiderweb games as he always bought them on CD/DVD, and would install and uninstall them to save space on his HD. However, the price for these games is so reasonable I’m happy to purchase them as I go. 

So THANKS for the great games. It was fun sharing the trip with "Sneakers".

I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience with Avernum, and I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I know that my dad's a bit of a retro RPG fan himself, and I suppose that one day in the future I'll probably be cleaning out his computer and find his collection of save files and notes too.

Glad you've enjoyed the games! I'm only just playing through A:EftP myself for the first time! I don't know if it's still the case, but last week on GOG you could get all of the original Avernum games pretty cheap. I'd like to play the remake of the second game myself, but will have to see how long it takes me to get through the first before then!