River And Leaf: How Do I Enter the Mist Realm?

Hyena of Ice

Falconmaster tells me to go "west, north, then west" and to go "west of here", but there's nothing to do at Skane.  My quest is to enter the mist realm, but nobody in the game or in the readmes tells me how to do this (the mirror mage is dead, of course)

To the creator of this scenario, this should really be mentioned in the help/readme/notes file.

Hello Hyena,

If you press Scyld a little, you'll get a little more information. The place you're being sent is 'the western isle'. This isn't referring to Skane, but a place not too far from there. If you have a look around, you should be able to find the entrance. Have a look for an interesting natural formation!

If you can't find it, there's a detailed walkthrough for the original, Blades of Exile version of this scenario. The ported scenario is almost identical except in some small points, so the majority of the information in the walkthrough should still apply. You can find it here:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/mac/file/blades_of_exile_river_and_leaf.txt

Oh, I misunderstood the point you were having problems with! Sorry about that.

The walkthrough is indeed correct for this section of the port. In order to get to the entrance of the Realms of Mist, you need to get a boat from Skane. Sorali stands in your way, attempting to bribe you with the boats to do a questionable mission. Instead, someone else in Skane (Sain) suggests that you do away with Sorali and use the keys on him to steal a boat. 

Sain is telling you the truth. If kill Sorali, you'll get access to the boats and be able to proceed.