Questions as I play through Avadon 3

Xander77

Just thought I'd have a single topic for what will probably be a number of questions.

1. If I spare people like the necromancer at Vantok's Reach, the chief at 4-circles etc, which of them will I see again for greater profit, and which are just gone? (Obviously, I don't mind spoilers)

2. Does the game account for raising a skill to level 9+ (8 + bonus points)?

3. Um... were Titans and Wretches ever referred to as "Warborn" in previous entries in the series.

Really? Drake trouble part whatever was the last quest before we left Green Refuge, and camps generally don't give you quests after you've moved on.

1. Will I ever get a chance to steal Zhetron's hoard?

2. Is there any benefit to actually allying with one of the Warborn tribes in Goldcraig? Or would massacring them all get me more xp and loot?

Look up "Shaman Liese" here:

http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/22363-avadon-3-item-location-and-quest-list-massive-spoilers/

As you can see there are multiple parts to the quest.  If you kill Shezass at the beginning, you'll miss out on the later parts of the quest.

(Also, to correct what I said earlier, he doesn't actually give quests himself, but one of the quests for Liese requires completing a task for Shezass.)

"Again - 300c (if alive), Runesoled Shoes (5% armor, +10% to blessings/curses you cause), 400 XP at level 13 (alive), at level 12 (killed) "

I'm don't think you can provoke Shezass before part 3, so the only difference is 300 gold and... some xp, if I'm reading this correctly? Not sure what the difference between 400 xp at level 13 and level 12 actually means.

All quests have a party level where you get that amount of experience. If you can do the quest at a lower level then you get more and at a higher level you will get less.

The Goldcrag Warborn alliance with a faction means less fighting later on in the Warborn Arena. However it also means less loot in Goldcrag and the Arena. :)

It also changes the ending text slightly.

My team currently averages level 25, and I have no idea how to kill the dragon without dropping the difficulty to Casual. I managed to slay his constructs, then run off upstairs. Should be easy now, right? Just lure him out for a 1:1 outside his frozen room? Well, he keeps two-shotting my squishy NPCs (what the hell is Slow even supposed to do if it isn't stopping him from acting twice?) and basically ignoring warriors hammering on his thick hide. I tried several different parties, and never managed to take off more than half his health.

Some boss monsters get automatic extra scripted attacks on harder difficulties even when stunned.

One thing is out wait his immunities to some damage types that are scripted to occur when the dragon reaches certain damage levels. It isn't easy and usually requires raising dead characters in combat.

I like to have a sorcerer in the party since with focus mastery you get recharged and take less damage by magical attacks. Then keep a blademaster with high armor and health next to the dragon to take most attacks. Everything else hugs the walls to survive. Summon monsters also help as a distraction.

I faced down Velusa (to the point where he asked to back off) and apparently this isn't enough for the healer lady at fort forsight? She claimed I didn't need to kill him.

Is there a point of diminishing returns for stat investment? Is a warrior with 25 / 25 in STR and DEX at a major disadvantage compared to someone with 38 in either of those? Should I start investing in END (for example) after hitting 30 in the class relevant stat?

It depends upon difficulty level and playing style. Higher DEX and END means lower chance of being hit by a damage type of 2.5% per point which makes more of a difference on normal difficulty. By the end almost everything will hit you except for a few minor fights.

If you are dying in a single round then extra END might help you just survive.

If you like missile attacks, then extra DEX helps with damage.

The short answer, though, is that there aren't really diminishing returns for investing heavily in one stat, and especially on higher difficulty settings you probably want to pick a single primary attacking stat and pump it as high as possible while investing in enough Endurance to stay alive. Allocating points in a 3:1 or even 4:1 ratio of your primary stat to Endurance is usually pretty good.