Geneforge 4 small mods

Been playing a bit of Geneforge 4 because i tend to enjoy it a little more the Geneforge 5. I made two mods which replace the pryo roamer with a guardian roamer while the other one gives you access to all creations. 

Geneforge 4 Mods

any feedback would be nice, unless you all don't play it anymore 

xD

Edited by Samcast

Sorry, nobody plays Geneforge 4 anymore.

I kid. I'd like to know whether you changed the... shall we say... explosive temper of the tier 2 roamer. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but is it not impossible to alter the amount of essence a creation costs? It's possible that it will end up being a somewhat overpowered creation for its essence cost.

On a side note, you may want to make sure that you didn't mess up NPC pyroamers with this. I'm just saying, trying to protect the caravan at the end of chapter 1 from a horde of guardian roamers will be slightly difficult.

Rip G4

no the essence should still be the same sadly, can't fix it I believe. The explosive nature of them still remains but only when they die and they have a good 150+HP iirc

the caravan mission was unaffected by them, apparently they were "unstable roamers" not pyro so it was pretty easy to dispose of their low HP 

On 6/3/2017 at 5:00 AM, alhoon said:

What does this mean?

That you start with all creations known and enough Shaping knowledge to Shape them? Including the advanced versions?

The two files within the .rar file.

One file the G4itemschars contains a rework (not balanced after realizing to late) for the Pyro-Roamer into a guardian roamer

The other file is z2upStronghold or something (sorry i forgot), this grants the user all creations at their basic level just for opening a door and entering. 3 points into all creations. I wanted this to be balanced but having end game creations doesn't really allow it. But still hopefully it makes a fun run through for people who want to try all creations at a balanced level (I believe)

• 1 month later...

Hello Sarath,

Mods like these work by changing data files for the game. These are unique to each game, so these mods will only work for Geneforge 4, I'm afraid.

However, the games all use the same language in their data files, so it's possible to 'port' general mods like this from one game to other relatively easily by changing the code in the scripts. That might sound a little scary if you're not used to it, so I whipped up a quick port for you. These files should do the same things as Samcast's original mods, but for Geneforge 5. I hope you don't mind me making the ports, Samcast! 

You can download the ports here (and they'll be alive for a few months at this link):

http://wikisend.com/download/935502/Samcast_Mods_Geneforge_5.zip

If you want something more powerful than this, though, there is also a full-on editor mod for Geneforge 5. See this post:

http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/18989-geneforge-5-editor/

Could the GF4 strategy central thread please be updated to include these mods? Or at least the "Trainer" one that gives all creations? 

And a suggestion for the trainer mod for GF4: Perhaps change the "here you get all creations" point from "opening a door" to ... using the Geneforge for the first time?

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:14 PM, Samcast said:

The two files within the .rar file.

One file the G4itemschars contains a rework (not balanced after realizing to late) for the Pyro-Roamer into a guardian roamer

The other file is z2upStronghold or something (sorry i forgot), this grants the user all creations at their basic level just for opening a door and entering. 3 points into all creations. I wanted this to be balanced but having end game creations doesn't really allow it. But still hopefully it makes a fun run through for people who want to try all creations at a balanced level (I believe)

By trainer mod, I meant the one that grants the user all creations...

• 2 years later...