Blades of avernum style editors

Owenmoz

I was wondering(since through various threads here everyone seems certain a new blades of[insert game] is not going to happen) if there is any kind of editors available preferably with the same graphics style as the mid-to-later spider web games, ideally free, if you know good ones that are payable, please link me privately as im not sure if it breaks the forums rules vs adverts?(does it?) idk. 
I'm also not a veteran campaign maker(or anything other than mediocre), so if there is relevant information to the editors you are to recommend, please share it as well as general tips you may find useful outside what is written on prospective designers faq for BoA. 

There's always Unity, but no, there's nothing really like Blades of Exile/Avernum in terms of accessibility and ease of use. Even if you don't want more modern graphics that kind of scenario design tool has always been a fairly rare beast.

—Alorael, who doesn't see why this would have to be kept off the forums. It's wrong to show up and start pitching a product. It's okay to ask for something relevant to forum interests and have someone publicly help you out.

56 minutes ago, Attribute to Valor said:

There's always Unity, but no, there's nothing really like Blades of Exile/Avernum in terms of accessibility and ease of use. Even if you don't want more modern graphics that kind of scenario design tool has always been a fairly rare beast.

—Alorael, who doesn't see why this would have to be kept off the forums. It's wrong to show up and start pitching a product. It's okay to ask for something relevant to forum interests and have someone publicly help you out.

Thanks for the frankness and contribution Alorael.
Thats unfortunate, although it does make me appreciate Jeff significantly more. Smh, i guess BoA it is. I'll probably start a new thread for tips as i go on the relevant subforum.  Meanwhile if anyone else can think of similar engines please say so, this doesn't have an expiration date, it's a side thing for me.

Notably, I remember both Starcraft and Warcraft III had really powerful editors (GREAT scripting system that I think blows BoX out of the water for ease-of-use). Obviously it's a different genre but you could definitely do some powerful stuff in there. SC2 has a pretty good editor from what i hear, but i haven't played with it much.

Edited by sylae
iirc they even had a way to persist data across campaigns in war3, which really punched ten-year-old sylae's ticket