I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

Xaiya

10 years ago I registered on the fourth of February, 2007. I remember, when I was active, wondering how I and the forums would change in that time and what I would write about.

I wouldn't have bet on me realizing I'm a girl and also not posting on SW for years. I'm so inactive I didn't even realize my 10 year anniversary with SW came up two months ago. Whoops.

And yet, I still can't help but think of SW sometimes, even though I moved on. It lead to me finding dear friends, and thus in part helped me find myself. Even early on, the forums beat some of the idiotic young little potato out of me when I for whatever reason didn't look up to anyone IRL. This tiny corner of the internet meant something to me, and still in memories means something, even if I am so much different from how I used to be. Went from socially awkward, angry, and totally lacking in life experience 13-year-old boy girl in a fleshy boy suit to... still socially awkward, mostly just frustrated at general idiocy, and really only getting the barest of experience that you get from being an adult anyway, as a 23 year old woman. Uh. Yes. Completely different.

I still really want to write a new BoA scenario to make up for my embarrassing attempts as a kid. I can't summon the effort, so instead I just shake my fist and proclaim it'd beat the likes of Muffins, which features a scenario breaking bug only I ever knew of, and The Triple Valley, in which there's only two versions of the valley.

Most people from the time period I was active here I either see regularly on CalRef or are gone entirely, but I still wanted to post this, even if it's more of a ramble given that it is 3am and I should be asleep, but Jared decided to be in the bathroom when I needed to brush my teeth, and somehow that made me realize that oh dear I am late. Thank you, tiny corner of the internet for existing. I might post again in, say, 20 years.

Muffin-gate! Muffin-gate! Muffin-gate!

My artistic interpretation of what I am henceforth calling Muffin-Gate:

Six men are gathered in a Victorian style garden. They are gathered around a plate of muffins.

Nik: These are probably the worst muffins I've ever tasted, is this bran? Who the hell made these?

Kel: Just shutup and eat them.

Nik: Whatever happened to good old bannana nut? I think mine must have fallen in the toilet or something, that one over there looks promising.

Nioca *Around crumbs in his mouth*: MMff.

*Nikki reaches across table for a new muffin. *Kel smacks his hand.*

Kel: You'll eat what you're given!

Nik: Geeze.....

Laz: This is pretty much the Arby's of muffin platters.

Thuryl: Mmmmmmm, muffins.

Laz: I think mine has a hair on it, I'm sending it bac-- wait a second, is that a blueberry?

Thuryl: Mmmmmmm, blueberries.

Nik: Blueberries?

*Ephesos enters*

Eph: I've received complaints about unruliness and anti-muffin activities. This brunch is over!

Kel: Relax, we're just trying to enjoy our early morning meal in a peaceful fashion.

Laz: They have blueberries! -- although Nikki's might have fallen in the toilet.....

Eph: Blue.... berries...?

Nioca: Yeah, that's right.

Eph: I-- I was too hasty, I think I owe you gentlemen an apology.

Laz: Shutup and eat a muf--

Some Guy: Would you stop blathering already and fix the window?

Eph: We're in a garden, there are no windows. There's a gate right over there.....

Some Guy: Talk to ma' hand.

-Exeunt-

Edit: I'll be signing autographed copies tomorrow.

From https://pied-piper.ermarian.net/topic/18/974/p1

Dikiyoba doesn't think anything more needs to be said, except congratulations.

Whoa I'm coming up on 9 years! And also, same on so many of the points you mention!

I wouldn't have bet on me realizing I'm a girl and also not posting on SW for years.

Same (among other things) and same!

Even early on' date=' the forums beat some of the idiotic young little potato out of me when I for whatever reason didn't look up to anyone IRL.[/quote']

Yup!

I still really want to write a new BoA scenario to make up for my embarrassing attempts as a kid.

And finally' date=' saaaaaaame. But I sorta moved onto my own game development to make up for that. Have you thought about it as a hobby? Some awesome tools like PICO-8 for making cute little games like this (think of it as my new scenario, like, five (?) years later? They've got a cool community over there too! Would love it if more Spiderwebbers and scenario designers started doing PICO-8 carts.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, Scorpius messaged me about AIM shutting down and it made me think of looking here. Then I found this thread and was amused by yet another instance of the Spidweb tradition and decided to post to wish Iffy luck.

...it also ended up being a tradition in the community I joined after this. :p

• 2 weeks later...