milestone closet probably spam

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic
Iffy Iffy

The Dough is Rising

• Member ID: 4,897
  • 2,629 posts
  • Locationinside my comfortable box

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:09 PM #1 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

10 years ago I registered on the fourth of February, 2007. I remember, when I was active, wondering how I and the forums would change in that time and what I would write about.

I wouldn't have bet on me realizing I'm a girl and also not posting on SW for years. I'm so inactive I didn't even realize my 10 year anniversary with SW came up two months ago. Whoops.

And yet, I still can't help but think of SW sometimes, even though I moved on. It lead to me finding dear friends, and thus in part helped me find myself. Even early on, the forums beat some of the idiotic young little potato out of me when I for whatever reason didn't look up to anyone IRL. This tiny corner of the internet meant something to me, and still in memories means something, even if I am so much different from how I used to be. Went from socially awkward, angry, and totally lacking in life experience 13-year-old boy girl in a fleshy boy suit to... still socially awkward, mostly just frustrated at general idiocy, and really only getting the barest of experience that you get from being an adult anyway, as a 23 year old woman. Uh. Yes. Completely different.

I still really want to write a new BoA scenario to make up for my embarrassing attempts as a kid. I can't summon the effort, so instead I just shake my fist and proclaim it'd beat the likes of Muffins, which features a scenario breaking bug only I ever knew of, and The Triple Valley, in which there's only two versions of the valley.

Most people from the time period I was active here I either see regularly on CalRef or are gone entirely, but I still wanted to post this, even if it's more of a ramble given that it is 3am and I should be asleep, but Jared decided to be in the bathroom when I needed to brush my teeth, and somehow that made me realize that oh dear I am late. Thank you, tiny corner of the internet for existing. I might post again in, say, 20 years.
(19:01:38) Tyran: There is a time and a place for unfunny idiocy?
(19:01:56) nikki: Yes, Tyran: http://spiderwebforu...orum/3-general/

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,914 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:44 AM #2 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

Welcome back even if it is to visit.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Dintiradan Dintiradan

Eye of Argon

• Member ID: 4,273
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:34 AM #3 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

Hi Iffy! Long time no see! :)
^<@<: Pronounced exactly as it's spelt.
Design Tutorial (incomplete) | The Metagame | AIMhack Crack Pairings
Artemis (Planning Thread)
Last ten games. What have you been playing lately?

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,845 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:57 AM #4 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

nice

i mean, i'd say more, but "nice" kinda covers it

Agitproprioception Agitproprioception

The Demon of Good Taste

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 223
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:12 AM #5 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

The muffin-related scripts were definitely memorable.  Happy life-living to you!
"I, for one, prefer to believe that the forums are dead and that Lilith, Slarty, and I are all ghosts haunting the forum." -- Triumph

"I think we all have days where we feel like a Displacer Iguana." -- Slarty

Goldengirl Goldengirl

Eye of Avadon

• Member ID: 3,001
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:58 AM #6 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

What a time it has been! Thanks for sticking through, even when people (myself included) got frustrated with your antics.
"Never say anything to anyone that you wouldn't want them to not feel bad about telling someone else about if they said it to someone they cared about as much as they care about you not knowing who they are, because at the end of the first day of the rest of your life, you're going to have to look twice at yourself in the mirror and still be able to sleep through the alarm in the morning after." - Student of Trinity
"I think the ultimate irony, and perhaps insult, would be for bad adventurers to reincarnate as town guards." - Slarty
"Look at me, I can't even be bothered to write my own message! I am truly the more optimal spammer!" - Nikki

Dikiyoba Dikiyoba

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,222
  • 9,001 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:11 PM #7 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

Muffin-gate! Muffin-gate! Muffin-gate!

Lazarus said:

My artistic interpretation of what I am henceforth calling Muffin-Gate:

Six men are gathered in a Victorian style garden. They are gathered around a plate of muffins.
Nik: These are probably the worst muffins I've ever tasted, is this bran? Who the hell made these?
Kel: Just shutup and eat them.
Nik: Whatever happened to good old bannana nut? I think mine must have fallen in the toilet or something, that one over there looks promising.
Nioca *Around crumbs in his mouth*: MMff.
*Nikki reaches across table for a new muffin. *Kel smacks his hand.*
Kel: You'll eat what you're given!
Nik: Geeze.....
Laz: This is pretty much the Arby's of muffin platters.
Thuryl: Mmmmmmm, muffins.
Laz: I think mine has a hair on it, I'm sending it bac-- wait a second, is that a blueberry?
Thuryl: Mmmmmmm, blueberries.
Nik: Blueberries?
*Ephesos enters*
Eph: I've received complaints about unruliness and anti-muffin activities. This brunch is over!
Kel: Relax, we're just trying to enjoy our early morning meal in a peaceful fashion.
Laz: They have blueberries! -- although Nikki's might have fallen in the toilet.....
Eph: Blue.... berries...?
Nioca: Yeah, that's right.
Eph: I-- I was too hasty, I think I owe you gentlemen an apology.
Laz: Shutup and eat a muf--
Some Guy: Would you stop blathering already and fix the window?
Eph: We're in a garden, there are no windows. There's a gate right over there.....
Some Guy: Talk to ma' hand.
-Exeunt-

Edit: I'll be signing autographed copies tomorrow.
From https://pied-piper.e...topic/18/974/p1

Dikiyoba doesn't think anything more needs to be said, except congratulations.

VCH VCH

Eye of Avadon

• Member ID: 210
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:04 AM #8 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

Nice to Hear. :) I've been here since the old old boards (whatever they were called). it's cool to see that old-timers are still kicking it.

My god, I just looked at the date I joined-- 2001—16 years ago. Time marches on.
Мама, я в России!

Cairo Jim Cairo Jim

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 819
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:39 AM #9 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

Congrats. Speaking of which, I just marked my third anniversary on another forum (thanks to here actually.)

Much cake, rum and celebrations!
"Men can not create even a single fly, even if they all gathered for that purpose!"

Earth Empires Earth Empires

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,661
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:31 AM #10 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

well 11 years on this forum (including forum which predated this since accounts got transferred). of course i took a break between Avadon 2 and Avernum Crystal Soul but still.

runner runner

Mercenary

• Member ID: 203
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:54 PM #11 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

hey congrats, I don't even remember how long it's been for me. I barely check this forum, still love the games though they never lose their charm

Misc Staple Misc Staple

Watcher

• Member ID: 145
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:43 PM #12 I just realized I passed my 10 year mark here

View Postrunner, on 19 April 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

hey congrats, I don't even remember how long it's been for me. I barely check this forum, still love the games though they never lose their charm

Um, about sixteen years for us.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: milestone, closet, probably spam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users