• Announcements

• Coracle past Delphi

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chip

Party with no humans?

6 posts in this topic

I'm playing through Crystal Souls and have noticed that people sometimes acknowledge that I have a slith (actually two) and a nephil in my party. If you make a party with no humans will the game consistently acknowledge that? Are there any unusual consequences?

I could be wrong, but I don't think the game ever actually checks whether there are humans in your party or not.

no consequences (atleast haven't noticed any), some npcs who don't like nephils will state their opinions about nephils and when they see that party has nephil(s) they'll be bit ashamed, in older games if had slith in party then got small discount when doing business in slith village.

The game only checks in dialogue, and not as often as you might expect, yeah.

Avernum 3 was the game where non-humans really could make a real difference in dialogue reactions including going hostile.

Only major reaction in Avernum 2 is priest spell training in Gnass is possible if you have a slith in the party. Tor doesn't like nephils in party, but doesn't change anything.

I think the negative reactions were added to kind of balance out the advantages Nephil and Sliths had, now though, with humans being better in general, these kinds of encounters might be...lost unintentionally.

I would prefer the encounters to be more punishing if you ask me, but give sliths and nephil the glory day passives( or just as good), more than just a little more damage and some resistance.