Svar Library (Nathalie's knowledge quest)

Californian

OK, I'm in the Svar spiral library but I can't get past the constantly spamming shades. I can beat them but they will not let me rest and recharge so eventually I get overwhelmed. I'm a tinkermage, so I can do charged weapons and turrets. I've got Nathalie and my blademaster with me.

I see the Librarian's shade, but there's a down staircase just across from her. I'm trying to get to that but the never-ending shades keep stopping me. Is getting down that staircase what I need to do, or do I have to kill the LIbrarian's shade? If so, how?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

"Killing" the Librarian Shade stops the spamming shades. It helps if you can use the teleport scarab to jump past, but area attacks from Nathalie, scarabs, and items will do to. The idea is kill enough shades to keep them from interfering with getting through.

I don't know if you can do it now, but during beta testing I just ran for the stairs, but then you miss some loot that the Librarian drops.

Yeah, I was able to jump toward the staircase (sacrificing Nathalie who can't jump) and almost got there on my last try. Maybe I can jump to the Librarian and get her if I try. It was the spamming shades that got me. I could get Nathalie back with a resurrection scroll.

I'm thinking that speed scrolls might help me get there, so I'll try that today. It's all down to getting by the shades and not stopping, isn't it? I think I can I think I can I think I can!

Thanks Randomizer! I'll let ya know what happens!