• Announcements

• Coracle past Delphi

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikgervae

GF5: Avoiding Slay Ghaldring tedium

3 posts in this topic

So I am trying to do all five factions in Geneforge 5, and it looks like many of them end with the same really long battle with Ghaldring at the end, right before you get to find out how it all wraps up. I don't want to spend hours redoing the same long fight just to see the endings. Is there any way, probably via cheat codes, to speed that up?

With cheats, everything's possible. If you are willing to use a bit of script in the files, it's also very easy. You could script the game to kill Ghaldring within a few seconds of stepping into the room.

With cheats, everything's possible. If you are willing to use a bit of script in the files, it's also very easy. You could script the game to kill Ghaldring within a few seconds of stepping into the room.

Oh that does indeed sound cheaty. Well what I wound up doing was to run strings on the binary and found all the end-game text. :-D

It's a shame that four of the five endings had the same extended gameplay scene.