GF5 - creations [Patchworks, Rots, Gazers]

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• Member ID: 16,946
  • 684 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:18 PM #1 GF5 - creations [Patchworks, Rots, Gazers]

We see the patchworks mainly in Rawal's lands. They are an ugly creation that aside of being ugly seems to be as effective as a powerful plated clawbug \ battle beta or something. They are melee creatons with a few extra action points. Key here? They are encountered mainly in Rawal's lands.
There are some patchworks with the Gazer hiding in the passage that leads to the citadel (or something similar). And there are patchworks along with... the Unbound. How on earth Unbound got hold of Patchworks? Why didn't they eat them? If they can shape them... who taught them to shape patchworks.
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia

GF5 mod with extra quest chain here!  Discover who you are and set up your base.

"Ohhh, no! No, it's so close! So close!" - Blxz, ambushed by an Unbound

alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• 684 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:53 PM #2 GF5 - creations [Patchworks, Rots, Gazers]

I found something that I have forgot: There are Gazers in Taygen's Spire and his pet agent there, that works on the purity agent, Shapes Rots. OK, Rots can be found in other Shaper places in GF5 (Shaper Alexie the Barred-creation researcher has some in a Fort). But... Gazers? They have been phased out of the Rebellion as too unpredictable according to GF4 Litalia. And Taygen of all people has 2 Gazers in the Spire?

GF5 mod with extra quest chain here!  Discover who you are and set up your base.

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,844 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:27 AM #3 GF5 - creations [Patchworks, Rots, Gazers]

View Postalhoon, on 20 April 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

I found something that I have forgot: There are Gazers in Taygen's Spire and his pet agent there, that works on the purity agent, Shapes Rots. OK, Rots can be found in other Shaper places in GF5 (Shaper Alexie the Barred-creation researcher has some in a Fort). But... Gazers? They have been phased out of the Rebellion as too unpredictable according to GF4 Litalia. And Taygen of all people has 2 Gazers in the Spire?

I guess if one creation is as bad as any other to you, might as well make use of the strongest ones as long as you're using any at all.

alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• 684 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:57 PM #4 GF5 - creations [Patchworks, Rots, Gazers]

But Gazers are not just bad, they don't just have the "tendency" to become rogue, they're nearly auto-rogue. Sure a war-trall may have 2% to become rogue within a year or two if you calm it every few weeks. A Gazer? Would probably go rogue the moment you release control to take the next one in the line.

And Gazers are also very smart and very good in magic. An angry Gazer could know what to blow up to cause damage in the facility and sabotage research. All in all, they are some of the most dangerous creations for Taygen's purposes... and not that better than War-tralls.

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,844 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:27 PM #5 GF5 - creations [Patchworks, Rots, Gazers]

Does Taygen strike you as a person who makes good life decisions?

alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• 684 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:27 AM #6 GF5 - creations [Patchworks, Rots, Gazers]

Hmmm... True. He is even described as a bad tactician by his own people. More research than decision-making abilities.

Gameman112358 Gameman112358

Mercenary

• Member ID: 18,737
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:57 AM #7 GF5 - creations [Patchworks, Rots, Gazers]

Hmm. I did notice that Taygen has Gazers in Kayar's Spire. It is something that has irked me for a while. I wasn't really sure why he's using Barred creations in his main research lab, considering that the research lab to the south of the Dera Reaches was completely overrun because of Gazers that went insane and wreaked havoc.

Now that I think about it though, maybe he has them to use as 'source material' for the Purity Agent; Taygen's disease does require the DNA, or essence (or something like that) of its targets to be able to infect and kill them, and Gazers are definitely something that Taygen would want to the Purity Agent to destroy. So maybe the Gazers are there for the Purity Agent research, taking samples from them and introducing them to the Purity Agent so the virus is able to target and destroy Gazers when it is released. That's just my theory though.

EDIT: Also, now looking into it, I think there's some Gameplay and Storyline Segregation going on here; if Gazers were able to go nuts in a matter of moments, it would probably not be wise for the Player Character to be able to shape them, yet we can Shape Gazers, Eyebeasts, Drakons, Ur-Drakons, etc. and have absolute control over them, without any risk of them going rogue. Just putting that out there.

alhoon alhoon

Sorcerer

• 684 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:49 PM #8 GF5 - creations [Patchworks, Rots, Gazers]

Yes because the player never releases control of those creations.
I always assumed that we can have 7 creations while medium-power Shapers are shown with a couple dozens. The guy Shaping brains for Alwan controls 46, by changing which ones he controls at the time. The creations in the forts and all are said to be there and a Shaper comes over once a while and calms them which makes me think they come, take control, make them nice and placid and then release them and go to a different camp. The commander in Rockfall mentions this.
There are also the handlers that are Outsiders leading the Creations into battle (or, ahem, renting them out) without Shaper supervision and we see a lot of those handlers in the games. It is mentioned in Rawal's castle that Rawal and his Shapers are keeping the Tralls under strict control.
And that madwoman Shaper Alexie that Shapes Rots has them "controlled" by a pillar. And there are the pacification pylons.
All in all, we see a lot to suggest that Shapers put things up to "keep creations calm" until they need them.

At times the player can take temporary control of creations. Mainly turrets in GF5 and a bunch of insanely powerful creations in the fight against Ghadring. First time I played the battle, before I realize it's not a hard battle for my 47-lvl artifact-full Shaper... I led so many creations against Ghaldring that they had trouble getting in the fight to get a shot.
(Bragging follows)
Spoiler

Ever Artillae are somewhat tricky from what I saw in GF3/4. Shaila's Artilla in GF4 you take control of and get with you. Until he sees Shaila and immediately the ungrateful worm flips sides. In GF3 there's an about-to-rogue Artilla that Hoge made that I couldn't take over but I could control it long enough to absorb it.
Rawal in GF5 absorbed my Fyora. MY Fyora. Not an uncontrolled Fyora or released Fyora.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users