• Announcements

• Then and Where and Now and There and When

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Almighty Doer of Stuff

Milu, Tim Farland, & Shyguy

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to contact Milu, Tim Farland, and/or Shyguy? They all made some nice BoE graphics that might be nice to get permission to use. Tim Farland seems to be on LinkedIn but I'm not a member and so it won't let me contact him. Milu and Shyguy, I have no idea.

Would anyone who is on LinkedIn be willing to send Mr. Farland a message on behalf of the project? Just post here first and I'll give you a message you can send. Neither CM nor I have accounts there.

EDIT: Conveniently, my mom had just the other day signed up for a LinkedIn Premium trial and will send Mr. Farland my message. Still, if anyone knows of a more effective way to contact Milu or ShyGuy besides this forum, it'd be appreciated.

Yay! Tim Farland granted us his graphics! He didn't give us a specific license but for formality's sake I think CM is going to contact him on GitHub and ask him for some Creative Commons thing. I have a headache and maybe CM can give any further details if any are needed here.

Milu released her BoE content under CC-BY-SA! Just waiting on ShyGuy and Spidweb now. I would be shocked if Spidweb actually has an issue with us using Exile Trilogy graphics particularly since we have Andrew Hunter's blessing. I think CM and I are planning to just assume it's OK with them. But I sent a forum PM and an email to ShyGuy some time ago with no response.

I'm going to suggest to CM that we stop waiting for ShyGuy, since the handful of his graphics that we want are nice but not really essential, just a handful of flavor terrains. The biggest thing I'd miss is the Fungoid Queen because I love mushrooms, but I kinda just want to move ahead, unless anyone has any better ideas.

Just so you know, Shyguy runs a forum called "Shyguy's World", which is about theme parks and rollercoasters. I joined the forum a few years back but never spoken with him since membership.