43 replies to this topic
Celtic Minstrel Celtic Minstrel

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,296
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:38 AM #36 Blades of Exile Base errors

View PostThaluikhain, on 02 February 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Why is that?  To stop player summoning monsters and killing them for their stuff or something?  Seems odd.
I'm not sure why. It's just how it is.

(Getting a bit off-topic, but unicorns dropping unicorn horns which, IIRC, have no value except you can sell them to one person in E3...that sees a bit pointless in BoE unless people are in a scenario that specifically does something with them)
Unicorn horns aren't included as an item in the base anyway, so I hadn't planned to make unicorns drop them. Asp fangs on the other hand are universally useful as an alchemical ingredient.

View PostLilith, on 02 February 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Ah, but if you were just giving a new flag to those items, what's to stop that flag number having being used in some other scenario for something else?  Actually, what's to stop that happening normally, without worrying about odd things in the official scenarios?

The short answer is nothing: the hope is that there are enough possible flags and people will select randomly enough to avoid an accidental collision. It's not an ideal system.
Yeah, it's very not ideal. Perhaps I should implement an additional check when stacking items - for example, don't stack them if the names differ, even when the type flag matches.
Exile 2 Book of Items (I didn't create it, I just converted it to HTML.)

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

Thaluikhain Thaluikhain

Shaman

• Member ID: 6,345
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:32 AM #37 Blades of Exile Base errors

View PostCeltic Minstrel, on 03 February 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

Unicorn horns aren't included as an item in the base anyway, so I hadn't planned to make unicorns drop them.

Huh...was sure that they did.  My mistake.

Oh, would you put all the regeants in?  Crypt shrooms, for example, have an equivalent item, but don't exist unless someone adds them.

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:27 AM #38 Blades of Exile Base errors

Well, I had contemplated adding spider glands (an alternative to holly IIRC), as well as toadstools and... uh, the other one that was different between E3 and E2 (maybe that's crypt shrooms?).

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

DanTreader DanTreader

New Arrival

• Member ID: 18,764
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:41 AM #39 Blades of Exile Base errors

I don't know if you still wanted to know about Dark Wyrms but I did some research in Exile III. I found some wyrms and trapped them behind barriers. They didn't use a breath weapon but they did summon ghasts to attack me.

You can also see that the breath weapon for the drake lord is listed under it's ability which suggests exile 3 doesn't have a dedicated spot for breath weapons. The dark wyrm's ability is paralysis touch.

Pics for evidence: http://imgur.com/a/xOWon

I got mad saves in exile 3 if you need to know anything else.

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:53 AM #40 Blades of Exile Base errors

Interesting! I never would've guessed they'd summon ghasts... actually given their paralysis touch it kinda surprises me that they'd maybe have another ability too.

As long as you're investigating E3 stuff, I'd like to confirm the abilities of some of the monsters I've never encountered - particularly rakshasa and naga, where it's not obvious from the name what kind of abilities they should have. (I've also never encountered the golems or the efreet, but those are fairly clear, I think.) I also wanted to confirm whether the alien slime is supposed to have an ability besides summoning (I think it has paralysis touch in BoE), but given that that's near the beginning, I could probably do it myself with a god party. That's all I can think of right now.

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:42 PM #41 Blades of Exile Base errors

True, that possibility does exist. However, there were some that clearly didn't make sense, such as petrification touch on the cockroaches. This was almost certainly caused by a reshuffling of which magic number meant what, while failing to update bladbase references to it.

The Almighty Doer of Stuff The Almighty Doer of Stuff

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 72
  • 4,415 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:08 PM #42 Blades of Exile Base errors

Antimagic field? Rakshasa didn't have Absorbs Spells in E3?

Agitproprioception Agitproprioception

The Demon of Good Taste

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 223
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:41 PM #43 Blades of Exile Base errors

No, I think you're right.  I guess I was just so used to simulacruming Null Bugs every time I saw a rakshasa...
"I, for one, prefer to believe that the forums are dead and that Lilith, Slarty, and I are all ghosts haunting the forum." -- Triumph

"I think we all have days where we feel like a Displacer Iguana." -- Slarty

Thaluikhain Thaluikhain

Shaman

• Member ID: 6,345
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:52 PM #44 Blades of Exile Base errors

View PostDanTreader, on 15 February 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

You can also see that the breath weapon for the drake lord is listed under it's ability which suggests exile 3 doesn't have a dedicated spot for breath weapons. The dark wyrm's ability is paralysis touch.

Ah...now that I think of it, I can't think of a monster that has a breath weapon that has another ability, at least in E3.  That makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users