Question about AEFTP/A2CS popularity

I have split this question from A2CS Strategy Central per Triumph's request ("Please make a new topic if you have questions to ask that aren't answered here.") and also because this is not actually a strategy question.

It is ironic this was posted in that thread though, because it seems to have nearly the same number of links as the AEFTP strategy central thread. So I'm not sure exactly what "fewer stuff" means.

I have split this question from A2CS Strategy Central per Triumph's request ("Please make a new topic if you have questions to ask that aren't answered here.") and also because this is not actually a strategy question.

It is ironic this was posted in that thread though, because it seems to have nearly the same number of links as the AEFTP strategy central thread. So I'm not sure exactly what "fewer stuff" means.

I meant mainly two things: First, there seems to be no full walkthrough yet for A2: CS. As I've said elsewhere, I've been tirelessly ransacking online for a walkthrough, because there is no way I could have gone through the trickier parts of A: EftP without consulting one. Second, the linked threads in the A2: CS section appear to be less fleshed-out.

By the way: Thank you so much for posting the party build guide on Gamefaq. It was absolutely invaluable - and I followed it almost to the letter, with the only major exception being the decision to go Cave Lore from early onward.

Since Jeff has moved away from most of the puzzles in his earlier game versions, you mostly need help in scripted fights that require you to do something specific to easily get through the fights. Even then some have alternate ways that aren't what Jeff planned when he wrote them.

Almost everything from the old walk through works except where the remake is updated to use the newer hidden switches.

you don't actually need walkthrough besides finding certain person/etc occasionally and that is usually posted into forums (either strat central or individual topic). old walkthrough for Avernum 2 helps quite a much besides new things and some things moved to elsewhere.

Wait. So the content is roughly same from the old version and the new version?!!!

Avernum 2: Crystal Souls is a remake of Avernum 2 (which itself is a remake of Exile II: Crystal Souls).

Same content -- same world, same adventure, etc. -- with a hugely upgraded game engine.

I suspect that you may be putting the cart before the horse a bit with all of the questions you're asking :) Download the game, give it a whirl, and then you'll be better situated to know what (if anything) you need help with.