What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
achilles73 achilles73

Citizen

• Member ID: 18,738
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:46 PM #1 What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

I have about 60 in my inventory at level 33 (with 2 final quests to go), and I am not sure when I am supposed to use them. Since I am a min-maxer, I'd like to know when is the best time to use them (likely too late now). Also, what about selling them once I power-level to 35 with them, since I probably can't farm enough to get to level 40? (I guess I'd have to farm about 20-30 more at least?)

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,828 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:30 PM #2 What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

Honestly, it's probably best to just use them as you get them. It's easy to get to level 30 by the end of the game and you've already seen that you don't really gain much from going higher than that, so you might as well just get a little boost from them as early as possible. Since you get a full heal when you level up, some people like to save up a few for a mid-dungeon heal.

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,882 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:02 PM #3 What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

Also if you are near leveling up, a mage and/or priest can use them to make the next level and regain spell energy during a fight or long dungeon haul.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

achilles73 achilles73

Citizen

• 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:39 AM #4 What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

View PostRandomizer, on 12 January 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

Also if you are near leveling up, a mage and/or priest can use them to make the next level and regain spell energy during a fight or long dungeon haul.

This was one option I considered, too. In fact, I have/had so many crystals that I could feed them to a caster in need of energy even if he were not close to the next level.

Would I be able to reach level 35 if I spent them all before level 30 or so?

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,882 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:08 AM #5 What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

If you take the time you can go around the map and collect more ingredients to make more wisdom crystals. It's boring and takes some timing to have them grow back.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Earth Empires Earth Empires

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,661
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:53 PM #6 What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

in AEFTP it took 1 trip to place where was exit to surface to replenish all ingredients patches, in ACS no xp grinding place but quite likely after has obtained graymold then 1st patch has replenished etc.

like Randomizer said its extremely boring (bit less in AEFTP) especially if really grinds (I did few trips weekly in AEFTP until finished last major quest).

achilles73 achilles73

Citizen

• 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:44 PM #7 What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

View PostEarth Empires, on 13 January 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

in AEFTP it took 1 trip to place where was exit to surface to replenish all ingredients patches, in ACS no xp grinding place but quite likely after has obtained graymold then 1st patch has replenished etc.

like Randomizer said its extremely boring (bit less in AEFTP) especially if really grinds (I did few trips weekly in AEFTP until finished last major quest).

Yes, I've been farming constantly. What do you mean "weekly" though? Is there an in-game calendar?

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,828 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:21 PM #8 What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

View Postachilles73, on 13 January 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Yes, I've been farming constantly. What do you mean "weekly" though? Is there an in-game calendar?

No, there's no in-game calendar; the replenishing herb patches are on a hidden timer that's probably based on turn count.

Earth Empires Earth Empires

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,661
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:42 PM #9 What is the optimum time to use Wisdom Crystals?

View Postachilles73, on 13 January 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

I meant that I farmed xp in AEFTP few times per week (before going to 3rd major quest) and afterwards collected herb patches.

Old Avernum/Exile 3 had calendar but will there be calendar on next game is thing only JV knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users