Buying Avernum 3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
gremcint gremcint

New Arrival

• Member ID: 18,743
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:39 PM #1 Buying Avernum 3

So having enjoyed Avernum 1 Escape from the Pit during the steam sale I bought the spiderweb bundle. However I see Avernum 3 is not included in the bundle at all, nor is it available on steam at all. Looking into it I see that you can only buy it by buying the 1-6 bundle on Gog. I'm not exactly happy about this, in fact I'm rather disappointed. So what do I do if I don't want to pay for the same games again? do I go ahead with Avernum 4? I know they're standalone but it's frustating to miss out on the story.

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,888 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:46 PM #2 Buying Avernum 3

Avernum 3 remake is going to come out in about a year. Jeff started working on it recently.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It helps with getting the next game.  :)
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Kelandon Kelandon

!!!

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 2,682
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:30 PM #3 Buying Avernum 3

Right now, the Avernum Saga is listed on GOG at $11.99. I don't remember exactly what Avernum 3 sold for when it was sold by itself, but I think it was $15 or $25. So even if you could buy Avernum 3 by itself now, it would probably be cheaper to buy the bundle.

Bear in mind that you're getting the old Avernum 3, though, so it won't look like Avernum: Escape from the Pit, and it may sputter a little on modern computers. As Randomizer said, the re-remake that will look like Avernum: Escape from the Pit is being made now and will be released sometime next year, probably.
VCH: I believe we settled this way back when: Kelandon was the most attractive.
SoT: You'd be happy, too, if you were such a clever spider.
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!

Earth Empires Earth Empires

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,661
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:27 PM #4 Buying Avernum 3

currently sw's order form says that 1st Avernum trilogy games cost 10 bucks individually and whole package 25 bucks.

12 years ago (when Avernum 4 was newest Avernum game) 1st trilogy games cost 25 bucks indivifually and trilogy cd 45 bucks. today its all digital.

Arch-Mage Solberg Arch-Mage Solberg

Tinkermage

• Member ID: 252
  • 722 posts
  • LocationIn the Ether!

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:56 PM #5 Buying Avernum 3

I remember in the 90's when each game was $45 and hintbooks were $12.

Post #721
Solberg has been kept alive for many years by pure magic. Magic that infused every particle of his being. He tapped into all of that energy, letting it pour forth, to fight the slithzerikai. And now it is gone. Archmage Solberg, hero of Avernum, fearless defender of your homeland since the earliest days, is gone.

Solberg Percival McGangor  Born 742 Died 882  140 years

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 2,577
  • 1,120 posts
  • Locationstuck on my Möbius staircase

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:36 PM #6 Buying Avernum 3

Same here
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

Pliant Giant Pliant Giant

The Demon of Good Taste

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 223
  • 13,732 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:09 PM #7 Buying Avernum 3

I don't think individual games were ever $45.  I think you're remembering the price of one of the compilation CDs with multiple games on them (and likely from after the 90's).  The old Avernum games were originally released for $25.  Nethergate and BoE were $30 and I think the Exile games were also $25.
"I, for one, prefer to believe that the forums are dead and that Lilith, Slarty, and I are all ghosts haunting the forum." -- Triumph

"I think we all have days where we feel like a Displacer Iguana." -- Slarty

The Almighty Doer of Stuff The Almighty Doer of Stuff

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 72
  • 4,403 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:56 PM #8 Buying Avernum 3

They once had a deal where if you bought one of their other games, you could get your choice of BoE or Nethergate for $15. I got Nethergate because I already bought BoE.
The unofficial Blades of Exile merchandise shop: No markups, cheap prices, quality printing! Spread the word!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users