• Announcements

• Coracle past Delphi

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gremcint

Buying Avernum 3

8 posts in this topic

So having enjoyed Avernum 1 Escape from the Pit during the steam sale I bought the spiderweb bundle. However I see Avernum 3 is not included in the bundle at all, nor is it available on steam at all. Looking into it I see that you can only buy it by buying the 1-6 bundle on Gog. I'm not exactly happy about this, in fact I'm rather disappointed. So what do I do if I don't want to pay for the same games again? do I go ahead with Avernum 4? I know they're standalone but it's frustating to miss out on the story.

Avernum 3 remake is going to come out in about a year. Jeff started working on it recently.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It helps with getting the next game. :)

Zaego likes this

Right now, the Avernum Saga is listed on GOG at $11.99. I don't remember exactly what Avernum 3 sold for when it was sold by itself, but I think it was $15 or $25. So even if you could buy Avernum 3 by itself now, it would probably be cheaper to buy the bundle.

Bear in mind that you're getting the old Avernum 3, though, so it won't look like Avernum: Escape from the Pit, and it may sputter a little on modern computers. As Randomizer said, the re-remake that will look like Avernum: Escape from the Pit is being made now and will be released sometime next year, probably.

currently sw's order form says that 1st Avernum trilogy games cost 10 bucks individually and whole package 25 bucks.

12 years ago (when Avernum 4 was newest Avernum game) 1st trilogy games cost 25 bucks indivifually and trilogy cd 45 bucks. today its all digital.

I remember in the 90's when each game was $45 and hintbooks were $12.

Post #721

I don't think individual games were ever $45. I think you're remembering the price of one of the compilation CDs with multiple games on them (and likely from after the 90's). The old Avernum games were originally released for $25. Nethergate and BoE were $30 and I think the Exile games were also $25.

They once had a deal where if you bought one of their other games, you could get your choice of BoE or Nethergate for $15. I got Nethergate because I already bought BoE.