• Announcements

• Coracle past Delphi

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Timmy, Power Gamer

Can't get Dispel Barrier 3 in Avernum 2

7 posts in this topic

I am having a weird issue where it consistently says I don't know enough about Arcane Lore to read the book.

I am a singleton with 10 Arcane Lore, Sage Lore, and 4 Vahnatai Lore. I tried removing all of my Arcane Lore and adding it back in the editor, no dice. Removed my Sage Lore and added it back and no dice. Honestly, I have no earthly idea why I can't read the book. Any thoughts?

Are you reading the right book? The one you want is in a hidden switch area in Barrier Tower's east side.

After checking the book for the first time, did you talk to Pyrn to get him to remove the trap on it? If you don't do that you need something like 13 Arcane Lore, and Sage Lore and Vahnatai Lore don't count; the requirement is reduced after you talk to him. If he already died, you're out of luck.

If Pyrn already died, you're out of luck.

besides editor.

timmy: if Pyrn is dead then you better have save before his death.

Well, crap.

Made a new character, gave him some AL, then deleted him after I read the book. That fixed it.

tip for the future: when you get to new area make new save on free slot so you have backup save if you fubar something.

you could have used editor to give needed al etc to your char and after reading book reduced extra al etc same way as you gave those.

tip for the future: when you get to new area make new save on free slot so you have backup save if you fubar something.

you could have used editor to give needed al etc to your char and after reading book reduced extra al etc same way as you gave those.

Even the editor can't increase stats above normal maximums. Since reading the book with the trap still on it requires over 10 Arcane Lore, it can't be done with a singleton.