Which to purchase?

avadon 2 avadon 3 recommendations

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Ir the Great Ir the Great

Citizen

• Member ID: 13,000
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:14 PM #1 Which to purchase?

So, I bought Avadon 1 on my Ipad and have enough money left to buy EITHER Avadon 2 or Avadon 3.

Which one do people recommend and why? (And, is it better to play the games in sequence?)

Doggie Doggie

Citizen

• Member ID: 7,840
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:19 PM #2 Which to purchase?

There is a continuing storyline, although your character is new each time.  The games are best played in sequence, I think, although it isn't necessary.
Why not play Avadon 1 and then decide if you want to continue?  There are annotated maps and patches for Avadon 1 not available for the later games.
I noticed that you are 15; I am 78 and relatively new to RPGs, and this one was the most fun for me.

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,911 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:40 PM #3 Which to purchase?

Avadon 3 is better balanced for playing the different classes.

Avadon 2 added a new class, the Tinkermage, that makes it more fun and it got weakened in Avadon 3.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Earth Empires Earth Empires

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,661
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:44 AM #4 Which to purchase?

storywise buy avadon 2 now and avadon 3 later so you don't need to read/hear what happened in avadon 2 from more or less reliable sources but otherwise it doesn't really matter. if you buy avadon 3 now then buying avadon 2 later becomes bit pointless.

Fael Fael

Watcher

• Member ID: 5,439
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:38 PM #5 Which to purchase?

I think Avadon 3 is a better game than 2, but not so much better to be worth playing out of order, I don't think -- 3's better than 2, but I expect you'll enjoy 2 more if you play it before 3. I'd say play 1 and, if you like it (and I hope you do!), buy and play 2. 3 will still be there when you get the money for it.
Thanks, Jeff, for making the hidden switches visible in A:EftP!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: avadon 2, avadon 3, recommendations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users