Duke Gryfyn

Nefarian

Who do I talk to? The only two notable NPCs I've met are the leatherworker and the guy in the farm. I've been diplomatic/nice in both of them but the guy in the farm insists he knows nothing and that I should talk to the other & the patroller. The leatherworker just tells me that it's been dangerous out there with the fighters and etc.

Additionally, does the Redbeard's hair quest get bugged? If so, how do you debug it? I keep talking to Envoy Dorran and she tells me to go get some of Redbeard's hair but the quest never updates and it doesn't let me pick up the hair in his room.

Getting the hair is just searching the right container in Redbeard's chambers.

The Envoy's quest advances after turning in an invitation and Torch should find you to give the Envoy's location. I don't think you need the hair for it to advance since there is a dialogue option to go get it.

I don't remember the dialogue path to get to Duke Gryfyn.

Yeah, I've searched the metal container in Redbeard's chambers. It gives me a message box saying that "this is filled with Redbeard's daily necessities that he throws together haphazardly etc etc" so I'm assuming this would be the box to retrieve the hair if the flag were raised.

I've talked to Torch, I've talked to the Envoy. When I'm at the dialogue part that would suggest getting the hair, I have the options of "Why do you need it," "Don't have it and not going to get it," and "Don't have it and let me go get it."

The journal entry is still stuck at "The envoy would like to speak with you."

For Duke Gryfyn, I'm convinced that I've reloaded many times and have tried the bounty hunter/soldier of the pact/work for Avadon branches and all of them just lead him to saying "The woods are dangerous, there are rebels, etc. etc." with nothing specifically about Gryfyn