• Announcements

• That Which Mourns Soundly

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spiderweb_blades

Homeland

10 posts in this topic

Can someone please help me locate an old game that I've been trying to locate.

I have been trying to look for Homeland and can't seem to find the game. Spiderweb no longer distributes the and hasn't in years and the authors site has long since been shut down. I know it's been made freeware by the developer but finding a download of the game has proven impossible and the closest I have gotten is finding the game install through Web Archive, only issue is the download stalls at 37% which means it can't be finished.

It is indeed the full version. Dragonlore, the developer, went out of business years ago, and they have given their permission for the game to be distributed as freeware.

What is this game? I tried to find out a bit about it but that link is straight to an exe download and that sure as hell isn't happening until I know more about it. Google didn't show me much that seemed relevant either.

Anyone care to share some info with me?

What is this game? I tried to find out a bit about it but that link is straight to an exe download and that sure as hell isn't happening until I know more about it. Google didn't show me much that seemed relevant either.

Anyone care to share some info with me?

It's Homeland: The Stone of Night, an RPG formerly published (but not developed) by Spiderweb Software. Searching for the full title should give you a little more information, but in short, it was not a commercial success and the developer isn't around any more.

Blxz likes this

Oh wow. After doing some researching I think it fortunate that I cancelled that exe download.

It's a game that we've loved to hate on these forums, like most of the third-party games Spiderweb dabbled in publishing (exceptions being Lost Souls and more significantly SubTerra). Having played only the demo long ago, I remember it as having clunky, too-fast combat, uninspired writing, and ugly graphics. Nothing in particular to recommend it. And I believe people who did play through it said it later suffers from vast, empty areas and a continuously uninteresting plot.

—Alorael, who just realized (or maybe re-realized, it's been a while) that SubTerra was the success of external games and also shares a subterranean theme with Spiderweb's flagship series. Not much else, but hey, lots of caves. Maybe Spidweb is all about literal as well as figurative bedrock support by fans.