Are character comments important and relevant in Avadon?

Gavindale Marchovia

In Avadon, I have come to notice that, from time to time, the characters I am playing with will start up a conversation, talking about their feelings, past histories, where they are from, past experiences etc. I have been reading them, but didn't play much into what is being said. That said, are these conversations important to the game? I always thought there were just to get to know the characters better! Are these conversations important to the game - storyline and gameplay-wise? I really hope not, like I said, I haven't played into it much. I would hate to have to start the game all over again (for the second time). If those little glimpsed into the characters lives are important, is there some way I can reread or find out what was said in the previous parts of the game, so that I am not missing out on vital information?

They're generally color and background. Generally, your responses don't affect events later in the games (except in clear character sidequests — if you refuse to help your companions in these, there can be consequences later). You don't necessarily have to pay attention to these, but they can be helpful in understanding the choices you face in the endgame.

There's no need to re-read them.