• Announcements

• That Which Mourns Soundly

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Galianos

"Hero of Avernum" and "Savior of Avernum" medals bug?

6 posts in this topic

I played the whole game on Normal (including retrieving the three Souls and destroying the portal), finishing it with killing Garzahd. Then I gained the Soldier of Avernum medal and didn't get "Hero of Avernum" and "Savior of Avernum".

I've loaded a save from that Normal run, from immediately before advancing to Garzahd's throne room, changed the difficulty to Torment, and started the fight. When Garzahd (finally) fell, the ending screens appeared and then "Medal gained" for each of the "Hero" and "Savior" medals.

I thought one should get them for completing the 3 quests and never setting the difficulty below Hard/Torment. Is this some kind of a bug?

Probably. It depends upon the coding to check what your difficulty level was at the time you do the achievement to get that medal. It seems to have checked only then and not kept track since the start.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Then you won't be bothered about such questions and just enjoy getting the medal.

How can I enjoy the medals if I didn't get them fair and square? Grrrh!

My sanity is already leaking..

How can I enjoy the medals if I didn't get them fair and square? Grrrh!

My sanity is already leaking..

Obviously you'll have to go back and play through the game on torment. To not do so would be dishonest. :)

or not care about medals and be happy that you saved Avernum once again (depending how many of 8 Avernum games you have played thru so far how many times you have saved Avernum).

Yeah, it feels like my mom calling me to help her with something in her smartphone:

Mom: "Honey, can you come and help me? it says something like "Avernum is in trouble yet again".

Me (Murmuring to myself): "Yeah, Micah. I'm coming..."

Dad: "Hey, I'd appreciate some peace and quiet around here sometimes!"

Me: "It's OK Solberg, stay where you are, I got it!".