Avadon Quest questions.... (SPOILERS)

Gavindale Marchovia

With the Wayfarer quest, I couldn't seem to get the information he requested, I spoke to the dragon but never seemed to get what the guy wanted. Can someone help me? And with the wrench in Castle Avadon, he gave me a message for Redbeard , which when I give it to Redbeard, he gets annoyed. Is there a point to this quest, or is it a moral decision? As for the Tartum quest and Neray quest, when I met up with Tartum, he said he is not the one selling weapons to the wrenches, and to go to the south of the Kva map to find Neray instead. I found her, but she got away in a side underground passage. I explored that passage but did not find her. I went back to Tartum, he said to go to the south to find Neray, but a new map was not added to the overall map. I went back to Abi and told him about all this, but that conversation went in circles - it didn't do anything for me. Can someone help me with these quests?

The first Wayfer's quest requires finding a backdoor into Zhethron's library from the north part of his cave.

Lord Svarl, the wretch, has a string of quests with that being the first one. Keep going back if you want better rewards.

Tartum/Neray quest doesn't get completed for a long time. You get sent back to the Kva and another zone will be available for that and other quests.

Very carefully :)

There are two times to fight the new dragon:

The first is Zhethron wants you to test her. You are probably not strong enough to defeat her then, but strong enough for the quest.

The second time is much later and you can do it by destroying the constructs first because they provide healing for her. You need to send in a sorceress with very high focus mastery to absorb the 90% of the time cold attacks.

Zombie bomes, a Nicodemus item, used to be immune to cold attacks until Jeff saw that a gag item was messing up his scripted fight. One of the three most powerful monsters was helpless to destroy a summoned monster that couldn't hit her.

I mean, can you suggest a certain tactic that might even out the odds for my possible survival in the fight? And I have acquired quite a few multicolored orbs in my travels – I spoke of them in another thread - and I was curious of when to start utilizing the orbs in Avadon? I was told that I will get better orbs later in the game, so should I start utilizing the ones I have now, or wait till later in the game? Like I said before, I am about to battle with the blue dragon that has been dealing with ogres. I am hoping that the orbs can give me more of an advantage in the upcoming battle. I know I asked about the dragon fight and was told to go about it very carefully. Maybe I should switch characters... I have been using my two melee fighters for the most part, but I could give my other two characters a run...

A lot of us read a lot of threads, so please give people time to answer before you ask the same question in two different threads. You may not be trolling, but you are definitely spamming when you do that :p

The upgrading orbs are a bit frustrating, because you never know exactly when you'll get a better orb or a better piece of equipment, and the upgrades are permanent. Trying to "maximize" what you get out of the orbs usually just means you never use them. They don't honestly make a big difference. If you want to use them, I suggest you apply them freely until later in the game, when you can then be a bit more strategic about saving the best orbs for the best equipment.

Chessrook does a youtube playthrough of all the avadons. Watch him stockpile those orbs in his bedroom. By the end of the game he hasn't used any of them (presumably because he is 'saving' them) and he has a room floor covered with orbs.

You are better off just sticking an orb on any weapon you find yourself using. When you upgrade you will have enough spare orbs to re-equip the next weapon with them. Same goes with armour.

The really good orbs you might want to save for magical equipment later in the game. But even then I don't think you ever need to worry about wasting them (unless you horde them in which case that is the ultimate waste).

• 3 weeks later...

I am facing a mind controlling creature in the cavern located at the northwestern portion of the Beraza Pits. All was going well, I just fought the creature as he utilized three of the soldiers that accompanied me here. The creature walked through a portcullis to the north, and I can't figure out where the switch is that will open that portcullis. Any suggestions? (btw, I am following two threads on this site, I thought one of them showed maps of all the areas in Avadon, which I sheepishly admit I have used from time to time. Sorry for spamming the other day, Beholder of Avadon).

• 2 months later...

I just defeated the wizard Moritz (sp?) - and am stuck on a few quests. I figure I would ask about them here... first, where do I find the Drake Skins? I have one, but I can't find the other one. Second, where is the gatemaster in Caste Vebeaux? Also, where is the totem in the wizards castle? And, I got the quest where Sevelin is on his own quest in the land of Kva - where is he? I can't find him.

Drake skins are usually found after killing a drake or other large reptile. Some places are:

Goldcrag - Lizard's Den

Quest - Thara's Papers

Zhethron's Aerie - Lower Level

Wretch's Warren - Trophy Room

Gatemaster of Castle Vebreaux - Lower level in east building.

Totem - Main Tower - behind a locked door in the north end.

Sevelin's quest - there should be a message in his quarters to open the zone of White Plains, then in the zone I think you have to explore past the settlement to find him.

First, thanks to Randomizer for his/her advice on my questions. I am very appreciative! You have been very helpful. I have two more quest questions. I have obtained the quest for the assassin named Spiridon (sp?) - I have mapped out the entire catacombs of the Avadon dungeon/prison, but I don't see the assassin anywhere. Where in the prison can I find him? Also, I am still on the search for the drakes skins, I found one, but am unable to find the second one. I went to Zhethron lower level – the small dungeon – but don't see a skin there. I will check again. Where in Goldcrag is the lizard's den? I went to Wretch's Warren and searched the trophy room but had no luck there. I have completed the Thara's Papers question, but concerning that one, where should I go back and look for the skins there?

You are welcome. I'm mostly working off http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/14736-synergizer-list-avadon-items-list/ since it has been years since I played this game.

Spiridon is supposed to be on the Lower Cells to the southeast of the center

Wretch Warren Trophy Room is on the lower level near the center of the west side.

Zhethron's Keep Salamander is on the northwest, and there are some in the southeast where the obnoxious drake, Fyrassa, that wanted to eat you when you kill him.

Goldcrag Lizard Den opens when you get the quest for it late in the game.

Thanks again, Randomizer - from what you have shown me, I have a better handle on the questions I asked before. As for the resr of the quests I currently have, I'm rather comfortable with them. For now. Is there a link that will shw a list of side quests for the game? Part of me wants to see it, but another part of me doesn't. It feels like cheating, but I'm curious anyway.

• 1 month later...

While playing Avadon a little while ago, I had quite a few quests in my quest book. Two come to mind that I don't know how to complete -- Spridon is supposed to be in his prison cell in the dungeon under Castle Avadon. It went to his cell, and he isnt there. Also, another quest has me finding a totem in the mage's tower. I went there, but it is missing. Are these two quests glitches? Can anyone help? Or - and I hate to ask this - but is there a way or code or something that I can use to complete the quests without doing them, so that I can move on the other quests in my questbook?

• 2 months later...

btw,  I had posted before that I could not find the wooden totem and the assassin Spiridon - I found the totem, but Spiridon is nowhere to be found. I checked all the cells in Avadon's dungeons, and even consulted the maps provided by this web site. I know he's there somewhere but the cell he is supposed to be in is empty. So frustrating!

I cant find the map for Nathalie's quest near Beraza Woods, I don't know where the Hand Gavin is hiding, and I completed the drake skin quest - and yet the quest is still listed in my game journal. Can anyone help? Oh, and I can't find the tower I need to in infiltrate in Avadon - there is a tower just Northwest of Miranda's quarters, I went through that tower but found nothing. Help please!

What about the tower in Avadon that I need to go through? The only tower I see is the one NW of Miranda's quarters.It is only two stories, and I went through it but found nothing. And I don't have the map link to Nathalie's quest. I just got back to Dorel Stead - I got attacked by some villagers in the middle of the city, and I have had no success in defeating them. They quickly pick me off before I can defeat them.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently in battle with Lady Antje - she is the shaman in the castle just to the east of Doral Stead. I defeated the king - well, not defeated - I bested him in battle, and he surrounded himself with mist and walked through a closed gate. I wandered the castle halls but found nothing... until I spoke to Lady Antje in the NW area of the castle's main floor. She is easy at first, but she puts on a spine shield so that melee attacks damage me as well as her, and she summons creatures to help her attacks. It was fine at first, but soon she is immune to all my attacks! I remember a fight I had a while back where my adversary had creatures around him/her, and each creature had a feature (i.e. melee attacks, magic, etc) where the main enemy is immune to those attacks until the appropriate summoned creature was defeated. Anyway, with Lady Antje, does her spine shield spell wear off eventually – is there something I can do to remove it? And when she goes immune to my attacks, how do I negate that too? Thanks so much!