U.S. Election Day, 2016

Callie

U.S. Presidential Election, 2016  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote in the 2016 United States presidential election?

• Yes
    • No (not an American citizen)
    • No (citizen, but not eligible)
    • No (abstained)
    • No (other)
  2. 2. Whom did you vote for, or would have voted for, in the 2016 United States presidential election?

• Hillary Clinton (Democratic)
    • Donald Trump (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Other
    • Nobody
    • Don't know
  3. 3. What is your political affiliation in the U.S., or what would be your affiliation?

• Democratic Party
    • Republican Party
    • Independent / Nonpartisan / Unaffiliated
    • Libertarian Party
    • Green Party
    • Other
    • Don't know
  4. 4. Which of the following most closely matches your opinion of the Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton?

• Very Positive
    • Somewhat Positive
    • Neutral
    • Somewhat Negative
    • Very Negative
    • Don't know
  5. 5. Which of the following most closely matches your opinion of the Republican candidate Donald Trump?

• Very Positive
    • Somewhat Positive
    • Neutral
    • Somewhat Negative
    • Very Negative
    • Don't know

Trump will find that the Art of the Deal doesn't work in Washington politics. You can't threaten bankruptcy to get a better deal and Congress still needs to vote money to fund stuff. He's going to have a very short honeymoon with Congress before they try to force him to do things their way. I doubt he'll make it to the 100 day mark.

While his cabinet can stop agencies from spending money on stuff they don't like such as researching global warming. He will find that he can't always get his way. I waiting for the day he calls Obama to complain about the Republican Congress and gets told now you know what I had to deal with for eight years.

Tevildo, that isn't what Edgwyn said at all. He was talking specifically about the ballooning of executive branch powers -- he didn't say anything about cabinets, policy positions, or anything else related to a holistic judgment of Trump versus his predecessors. I would urge you to be a little more careful before you pull out flame-bait like that line about being in denial.

• 3 years later...

Larrygrover, your post above is in violation of this forum's guidelines. Please can I encourage you to read these carefully – you can find a link to the guidelines in the tab at the top of the forums. Please pay particular attention to point 2: 'Be family friendly, and be just plain friendly!'.

Given that the previous post in this thread is over three years old, I think it has served its purpose. As such, this thread is now locked.