• Announcements

• That Which Mourns Soundly

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carbon_dragon

What armor to wear - EFTP

11 posts in this topic

I'm late in the game but still can't figure out whether my fighters should wear plate or not. The horrible hit chance seems to make it useless. Or am I wrong? Should I be wearing that Crystalline plate or should I sell it.

By the middle of the game you should be able to hit in even plate armor. Your level adds to your to hit chance.

Make sure to invest most of your melee characters' stat points in Strength, as it has a significant effect on your hit rate. As long as you do that it shouldn't be hard to cap out your hit rate eventually regardless of armour.

experience levels.

Your level adds to your to hit chance.

More specifically, you get an addition to hit chance (+5%) for every two experience levels. The primary source of hit rate is, as Lilith suggests, your primary stat -- in this case, for melee attacks, it's Strength.

I wore the crystalline plate on my tanking character until the end myself. He also wielded Demonslayer. I don't remember having much trouble killing demons in platemail. Unless it was haakai, those took a little bit of magic as well.

The problem is that it's hard to know what my hit rate is. In the console it's always 95% but some characters have a LOT more of a problem. The whole thing is opaque. Also some people here on the boards say that you should avoid all armor that lowers to hit percentage and others say it's ok.

95% is the maximum because of the 5% fumble chance of missing no matter how good you are. Once you get there only an occasional boss monster will have a lower chance.

Early in the game it's possible to get a fighter's to hit chance below 30% by wearing too many pieces of encumbering armor. It makes a good tank to stand up in front and attract damage, but rarely can deal it out.

The problem is that it's hard to know what my hit rate is. In the console it's always 95% but some characters have a LOT more of a problem. The whole thing is opaque. Also some people here on the boards say that you should avoid all armor that lowers to hit percentage and others say it's ok.

If the game says your hit rate is 95%, it's 95%, even if it doesn't always feel like it. Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck.

Wearing a lot of heavy armour can be a problem for your hit rate early on, but eventually your stats should be high enough that it won't matter.

Does wearing heavy armor affect casters?

Only mage spells are effected by the negative to hit chances of heavy armor. Too much and you can't cast in combat. You can compensate by traits and items that have to hit bonuses.
achilles73 likes this

Only mage spells are effected by the negative to hit chances of heavy armor. Too much and you can't cast in combat. You can compensate by traits and items that have to hit bonuses.

Thank you for the prompt response!