Avadon 3 v1.0.1 Being Rolled Out

Spidweb

We are starting a gradual release of Avadon 3 v1.0.1. Right now, if you bought it on the Avadon 3 page (the Humble widget), if you redownload the full app from there (NOT from Steam), you will get v1.0.1. If I haven't heard of any problems, file corruptions, etc by Monday, I'll start releasing it on Steam and the other big sites.

The current release notes are:

* Each level of intelligence now has a chance of giving summoned turrets another level.

* Tooltips for blesses and curses are clearer.

* Other character abilities rebalanced.

* Nature Mastery now increases health, reverting it back to its role in Avadon 1 & 2.

* An exploit using floor damage effects has been removed.

* Miklosh no longer dies when Vanatok’s Stead is attacked.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! If you try it out, let me know in this thread. If it works or doesn't work, any feedback will help me to feel better. :-)

- Jeff Vogel

Forgive a stupid question, but, if I redownload from the Humble widget, and start playing now...what happens to my game on Steam come Monday when it gets rolled out there? Would I have to start a whole new game on Steam on Monday?? If so, I can wait a few days (I'm thinking about Achievements mainly, though I don't need too many more). But if the game I would start soon from Humble Bundle could get...I don't know...ported over to the one I'm playing on Steam...

Sounds a bit stupid as I type it. Maybe if magic was real...

Anyway, regardless of the answer, I've been looking forward to my 2nd play through. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for Avadon 3, it's been great fun. :)

I tried to get the new version from here by re-downloading the demo.

I installed it and used my old files. I am near the end.

The files open up fine.

I am in Fort Foresight.

But when I try to travel to another area, it says Demo Only.

How do I get it to recognise I have bought it?

Another issue I'm having, that I don't remember w/ 1.0 (though it has happened in earlier games), is that the map starts moving and I can't keep the party in the center of the screen. It wants to shift to the NW (or N if you will); upper right-corner in any case. It happened once in the W/SW of Camp Nightshade and I thought it was just my mouse bugging out. But now I'm in Four Circles and I had to save/quit out of the game, it got so bad. Just moving the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen doesn't help when the map keeps fighting me to move N/NW. I'll update this post if I come up w/ anything more on it.

Edit: I'm about to head to Monitor Base C. The problem has not reappeared. Hopefully it's just a rare bug. If anyone else gets it, just save/quit, reload...should be fine.

Edit 2: Happened again in Avadon. Save/quit/restart game works, though.

We are int he processing of upgrading the demos to v1.0.1. v1.0.1 is now live on Steam, and it'll soon come to Humble Store, GOG, and Mac App store.

I'll be watching this thread closely. If something is messed up, please let me know.

Mods, feel free to unpin this after a week or so.

- Jeff Vogel

We got multiple complaints of 10.6 just not working. We felt we couldn't support it in its condition, so we had to change the specs. I'm sorry you're stuck in this situation. I suggest either reverting to v1.0 (which, while flawed, still works well) or contacting us at support@spiderwebsoftware.com for a full refund.

- Jeff Vogel

Thank you. I am also having a problem with Avadon 1. I moved the game after I had installed the character and items cheats. I must have several copies of the saved files, so when I try to start a new game I have lost them. Can you suggest how I can delete them all and start over with the cheats? BTW, I am 78 years old and playing the game as simply as I can, However, I don't seem to need cheats in Avadon 3!